• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chipping on spine....bindery issue or flaw? (Pic inside)

4 posts in this topic

Question, the pic is a Star Wars comic with the glossy cover stock.  These books are prone to chipping (?) on the spine fold.  Is this a bindery defect or a flaw on the book?  What does it do to the grade??   This book was purchased off the shelf by me the day it came into the LCS so I am fairly confident it has never been opened.  I appreciate the help.

Thanks!!

IMG_2991.JPG

Edited by shootin-str81

It's usually normal, but that looks excessive.  Too many people out there mis-handle shipping/stacking of comics before they get to your LCS, etc.  They just don't got no respect!!!

5ab751ff68cac40adb6da7bff72b7244.jpeg

Should be normal & I say that as I have some Detective Comics that look very similar that graded a 9.8.  With that said, I do NOT guarantee a 9.8 or claim your copy is a 9.8.  Just giving you my personal anecdotal experience that books like your pic can grade a 9.8.