• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1300+ High Grade Raw Books! Marvel & DC...1966 to 1975!

63 posts in this topic

OK, as some of you know, I’ve been going through my raw stock over the last couple of months. My intention was to regrade everything, weeding out the lower grade stuff/restored books and throwing them up on eBay (along with any books that I had multiple copies of), leaving me with a reduced core stock of real high grade, real purdy items. At long last…I’m actually finished! 893applaud-thumb.gif

To give you an idea of what I have, there’s 1350+ raw books mainly from the years 1966 to 1975, 75% Marvel, 25% DC, with a minimum grade of VF+. They’re all detailed on an Excel sheet with prices (in both pounds and dollars) and grade comments where appropriate.

I would point out that there aren’t any ‘bargains’ here frown.gif, but neither are there stupid prices. VF+s are generally a touch below Guide, VF/NMs are pretty much bang on Guide and NM-s and NMs are a touch above. There are a few items that are over Guide in any grade, due to OS being a touch behind the times, but there aren’t many.

However, you will be getting what you paid for. I have been ruthless in my assessment of these books and when I’ve had even a second’s doubt, I’ve gone for the lower grade, meaning that a good number of these books are potentially undergraded. If you want references on my grading abilities, check out my eBay feedback (gwentleaf) or speak with a number of boarders who have bought raw from me…chromium, arexcrooke, jackanderson, divadrabund, uclapeterg…to name but a few.

And to answer a number of questions that are bound to be raised…

PAYMENT

Paypal only for anyone outside of the UK. Cheques and postal orders accepted from any other limeys.

SHIPPING

I can usually get four books across the Atlantic for $10 via uninsured Air Mail. This option also offers $50 free insurance, courtesy of the Royal Mail over here, so smaller orders can actually be covered without purchasing additional cover. If insurance is required, or the order is large, we can work something out and I’m always happy to help with shipping charges if there’s a bit of business in it for me!

SCANS

I have no problem providing scans, but would ask that people are sensible about it. Providing scans on seven $4 books is going to drain my time and make me cranky sumo.gif, especially when…

RETURNS

If I do make a mistake on grading, or miss resto, I'll happily refund the cost of the item. I'll allow myself one grade point discrepancy, so if I say the book's a VF+ and you reckon it's a VF, I figure that's the 'subjectivity' aspect of grading. If the bunch at Sarasota can change the grade on a book occasionally upon resubmission, I reckon it’s only fair to allow myself the same luxury. Discrepancies outside of that one grade point difference, however, will result in a full refund and I’ll cover shipping costs to return the item.

DISCOUNTS

If you want one $9 book, please don’t asking ‘what’s my best price?’. My best price is $9. However, if you’re spending a chunk of change, or buying a number of items, I’m quite happy to negotiate. In fact, what I’ll offer up front is 10% discount on any orders over $200 and $15% off anything over $500.

GRADE COMMENTS

On a number of the books, there’s additional information in the form of a grade comment. Things like arrival date stamps, or store stamps, are all noted. However, there are also details of specific flaws that have effected the grade. For example, there might be a book listed as VF+ with a grade comment of ‘slight foxing’. This flaw will have been taken into account when determining the grade, so what you’ve probably got is a book that otherwise presents as a VF/NM or NM- downgraded because of the stated flaw.

If there are any other questions that are raised, I’ll edit this post to reflect the answers. Otherwise, if you’d like to see what’s on offer, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I’ll get the file over to you. thumbsup2.gif

Nick

In fact, what I’ll offer up front is 10% discount on any orders over $200 and $15% off anything over $500.
Better than what that damn cheapo Andy has ever given me! hail.gif

How do you get so much for your Thors? poke2.gif

If I had that up I'd be lucky to get one bid at $4.99. frown.gif

I've actually got a number of week-in, week-out buyers now...and two of them have lucked onto wanting the same books!

I'm also attracting bids that are based on getting what is advertised. Instead of the 'take at least a grade off when working out your bid', I am seeing a lot of folk happy to pay Guide and get what they paid for.

Mind you, for the first three months, I was getting $4.99 on everything! 27_laughing.gif

How do you get so much for your Thors? poke2.gif

If I had that up I'd be lucky to get one bid at $4.99. frown.gif

UK and Aussie bidders. gossip.gif

Mebbe so, but Nick's stuff is top shelf. The Silver Surfer #2 he sold me was so sharp, I sent in to get slabbed - graded out exactly as promised (although frankly, I think CGC was a little too tough on it) . . . and then the Devil made me flip it for an easy three-bagger 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifsumo.gif

In fact, what I’ll offer up front is 10% discount on any orders over $200 and $15% off anything over $500.

yeahok.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Quiet, you!!

Oh no. It's an invasion. The post has been hi jacked by Brits. tongue.gif

yeahok.gif

poke2.gif