• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel title with most valuable #1 and fewest valuable #2 to infinity?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I mean out of like 300 issues it has #1 at. $100+ then dwindles sorely till maybe the nabisco at 145, then nothing else, if we were picky we might say the early wolvie hulk cover or wolvie sabertooth or the #75 hologram error,

But that's like 5 minor minor keys out of at least 3-400 issues

Nah. If you limit your definition of "key" to "first appearances" then sure - Wolverine's a wash-out.

But there are some newly annointed classic covers that are now expensive among the first 30 or so issues. If "key" can mean "3x as expensive as neighboring issues" these count.

90-day GPA averages of some Wolverine issues in 9.8:

# 1: $325

# 8: (Hulk "classic cover"): $300

# 10: (classic Sabretooth story): $175

# 17 (classic Byrne cover): $130

# 27 (classic Jim Lee cover): $175

# 35 (ultra rare in 9.8 only): $900

# 154 (Liefeld Deadpool): $103

# 155 (Liefeld Deadpool): $108

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Nah. If you limit your definition of "key" to "first appearances" then sure - Wolverine's a wash-out.

But there are some newly annointed classic covers that are now expensive among the first 30 or so issues. If "key" can mean "3x as expensive as neighboring issues" these count.

90-day GPA averages of some Wolverine issues in 9.8:

# 1: $325

# 8: (Hulk "classic cover"): $300

# 10: (classic Sabretooth story): $175

# 17 (classic Byrne cover): $130

# 27 (classic Jim Lee cover): $175

# 35 (ultra rare in 9.8 only): $900

# 154 (Liefeld Deadpool): $103

# 155 (Liefeld Deadpool): $108

What's weird to me about this list is I don't even think # 27 is Jim Lee's best cover of the run. I personally like # 24 far more.

It's no slouch either at $150+, but both the cover and story in # 24 are superior to that of # 27.

1 hour ago, kav said:

you and your GI Joe stuff.

Indeed.

Strange considering that in the last year and a half, I have sold off:

• The majority of my raw GI Joe comics
  • The majority of my vintage figures
  • The majority of my modern figures. 
  • The majority of Kre-o - (Hasbro Lego type stuff)

The only thing I have kept and will not sell is the artwork, Hama sketches, Hama Yellow label slabs and my GI Joe CGC 1. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Indeed.

Strange considering that in the last year and a half, I have sold off:

• The majority of my raw GI Joe comics
  • The majority of my vintage figures
  • The majority of my modern figures. 
  • The majority of Kre-o - (Hasbro Lego type stuff)

The only thing I have kept and will not sell is the artwork, Hama sketches, Hama Yellow label slabs and my GI Joe CGC 1. 

Bah all youre doing is liquidating other Joe stuff to buy Joe OA! :makepoint:

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Bah all youre doing is liquidating other Joe stuff to buy Joe OA! :makepoint:

I wasn't outbidding that $12,886 bid.  That was more than just a little insane for that. The money from the vintage stuff went toward home improvements.  To be honest.  I am also starting to reevaluate.  I might start selling things off in the next year or two through Comic Connect or Comic Link. 

This year I am trying to sell off bulk.   I actually was pleased to see two empty short boxes after my last round of sales and an empty rubbermaid container that used to be filled with older loose and unopened lego sets.   While I was interested in that Joe page on Comic Connect I did not even participate in this months ComicLink auction. 

There are too many containers and things left and as I get older I have no idea what to do with it all especially as people are throwing money at things that I know they want.   There are other reasons as well. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I wasn't outbidding that $12,886 bid.  That was more than just a little insane for that. The money from the vintage stuff went toward home improvements.  To be honest.  I am also starting to reevaluate.  I might start selling things off in the next year or two through Comic Connect or Comic Link. 

This year I am trying to sell off bulk.   I actually was pleased to see two empty short boxes after my last round of sales and an empty rubbermaid container that used to be filled with older loose and unopened lego sets.   While I was interested in that Joe page on Comic Connect I did not even participate in this months ComicLink auction. 

There are too many containers and things left and as I get older I have no idea what to do with it all especially as people are throwing money at things that I know they want.   There are other reasons as well. 

one day I'll start sellin stuff.  

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This year I am trying to sell off bulk.

you misspelled hulk.

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

G.I Joe 21 in a 9.8 has commanded more over the last couple of decades than a copy of G.I. Joe 1 in 9.8

Go Collect (I did not renew my GPA subscription) reports #21 at $2800 and #1 at $2000.

Yeah but go collect also says spawn 64 is 2800

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

I re-read the first twenty or so issues about two years ago. I really liked the art but the story didn't hold up well. I remember sticking with that title to the bitter end, and it was really bad. 

I just (tonight) re-read the Deimos Saga (reprinted in a DC Blue Ribbon Digest).  Not good . . .

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You are like... 82.  You should do that now before you are no longer involved in the decision as to where it goes. 

where what goes?

1 minute ago, kav said:

where what goes?

Your stuff. 

I could use a smile.  I am going to go visit the Pokemon threads. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Your stuff. 

I could use a smile.  I am going to go visit the Pokemon threads. 

who are you again?

59 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

What about Avengers? I can't think of anything major besides #1, #55, #57 

196 is the biggest book in the series after 57, which amounts to 345 (!) issues until 402.  That isn't a very tall mountain for such a large stretch.  

Interestingly enough, in another thread a while back it was also mentioned that that was the most expensive George Perez book.