• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 8
2 2

15 posts in this topic

As is: 3.5 VG- to 4.0 VG.  With a press: 3.5 VG- to 4.0 VG.  Blemishes include: (1) very significant discoloration/staining to front and back covers; (2) tanning to inside front cover; (3) a split/tear at spine top; (4) light rust on bottom staple; (5) rounded corners; (6) short tears (especially along the top edge of the front cover); (7) numerous color-breaking creases and stress lines; and (8) other defects not shown.  None of the listed defects can/will be removed with a press.

Zz, there is no spine split.  The color you see is not staining but aging on the paper.  Those are things you can’t see so well with the picture.

the aging on the top and top right is what makes it hard for me to assess along with the color.  All the color you see aging and the light brittleness I refer to.  The staples do have light rust on them.

1 minute ago, Zegeroth said:

Zz, there is no spine split.  The color you see is not staining but aging on the paper.  Those are things you can’t see so well with the picture.

the aging on the top and top right is what makes it hard for me to assess along with the color.  All the color you see aging and the light brittleness I refer to.  The staples do have light rust on them.

The top left spine is split about 1/4", right above Thor's head in the colophon box. As much as I respect thirdgreenham, you should listen to Zzutak.

25 minutes ago, zzutak said:

As is: 3.5 VG- to 4.0 VG.  With a press: 3.5 VG- to 4.0 VG.  Blemishes include: (1) very significant discoloration/staining to front and back covers; (2) tanning to inside front cover; (3) a split/tear at spine top; (4) light rust on bottom staple; (5) rounded corners; (6) short tears (especially along the top edge of the front cover); (7) numerous color-breaking creases and stress lines; and (8) other defects not shown.  None of the listed defects can/will be removed with a press.

IMO, Z's 3.5 to 4.0 critique, and the reasons why, is spot on. 

No, I appreciate the feedback and that’s why I posted.  That top left corner you guys see is just shy of 1/8” in the spine direction.  I’ll try to get a better picture of it.  The top of the cover and discoloration was why I asked.  I’m having trouble resolving that.

edit: above Thor’s head is intact.  I can see how that might look lime a split though.  The corner area is the 1/8”.

Edited by Zegeroth