• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jungle Comics 98 - A Case of Shaken Comic Syndrome?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Wanted to get some 2nd opinions on what to do on a recent HA.com auction win that arrived. It appears the book's cover shifted during transit. When I talked with HA.com client services, they assured me that wasn't any additional damage done to the comic but doesn't dragging the cover down like that put pressure on other parts of the book? It also appears there is a tear near the base of the bottom staple that isn't on the original scan. The client services representative checked the grader notes for me and there is a note around tearing around the staples but nothing more specific than that.

This isn't a valuable book so not a huge deal but wanted to get some opinions before I make a decision to return or keep the book. Let me know if you have any similar experiences. Thanks!

Original HA.com Scan
3J3G5no.jpg

Arrival Pic (Top edge of cover shifted down and exposing the interior page underneath)
yG3LCcJ.jpg

Close-up of bottom staple (is there a new tear there at the base of the staple and extending up and to the right?) 
Rx0Tk2O.jpg