• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robin Comes Out
2 2

186 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, sfcityduck said:

No insults or insinuations are being made about anyone on the board.

Then my mistake.

Here's another funny pic.

3d152aa8f31eda0d2b9443a7508b1094.thumb.jpg.4b43e54457b0fe23daaf47fe8dd6fdc1.jpg

And everyone loves cats. (Gifs at least.)

Peace and love.

gay-ass.gif.9fab3d1ba182a7b54ba9b4a96094aec9.gif

Edited by grendelbo

On 8/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, grendelbo said:

Though straight, I've been close to the LGBTQ community since adolescence. My father is gay. 

I've experienced the ever-evolving and increasingly-inclusive integration of homosexuality and its relations into society. And I'm glad of it.

This post is news and it's relevant. It's topical and important in whatever way you view it - culturally or within our community. It matters when we talk about current writing, rehashing and retconning. It matters to the history of comicbooks and outsiders perspective of our hobby. It matters to the readers who will feel connection to the upcoming story and to those it will not.

Remember though, the board has fun. Give us a topic and we'll run with it. It will often look like the Keystone Cops.

Not one individual person of the LGBTQ community I've ever met has been incapable of humor and unable to poke a little fun at themselves and their sexuality. Not everyone is so secure with themselves, but self-depreciative jokes aid with attractiveness and inclusivity within a social setting. Isn't that what we're aiming for?

What we are doing here is not too far off. I've been around since the post started. We're being respectful and enlightening and funny and provoking and cool.

And we're mostly distracting @kav from Kang. 

Oh no I'm not asking for anyone to take it 100% seriously, but some of what was said was verging on a bit ignorant, like the post stating 'well what about his relationship with Spoiler, was she just his beard?'. That one made me face-palm. Have your fun, by all means. I'd never want to deny anyone that!