• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

divad's books for sale

68 posts in this topic

Thought you Zappa fans might find this interesting...

http://composersdatebook.publicradio.org/listings/datebook_20051107.php

Thanks. I was never convinced with the orchestral work, especially on those occassions when he just orchestrated rock pieces. Some of the stuff on the Boulez Conducts CD was interesting, although Boulez himself also remained unconvinced.

Thought you Zappa fans might find this interesting...

http://composersdatebook.publicradio.org/listings/datebook_20051107.php

Thanks. I was never convinced with the orchestral work, especially on those occassions when he just orchestrated rock pieces. Some of the stuff on the Boulez Conducts CD was interesting, although Boulez himself also remained unconvinced.

Hey, did you read Frank's article? Awesome time-travel . . . tongue.gif

btw, The Grand Wazoo is fantastic orchestration . . . sumo.gif

100% agree. But it's jazz orchestration rather than symphonic. Even then, it didn't always work and when he pared down to the Petit Wazoo and tried some of the more rock based tracks live, it didn't really gel.

Do you like things like the LSO? I could never get into it. Equally, depsite the fact that I always loved Lumpy Gravy, I couldn't approach Phase 3 and I think I've only ever played that twice to this day.

It would match your offer for my Fantastic Four 32. poke2.gifyay.gif

I was only saying hi.gif zit-brain makepoint.gif

and uh, no, it wouldn't yeahok.gif

I'm just joshin' ya. It would have SUCKED if the book had sold at that price. Christo_pull_hair.gif

flowerred.gif

100% agree. But it's jazz orchestration rather than symphonic. Even then, it didn't always work and when he pared down to the Petit Wazoo and tried some of the more rock based tracks live, it didn't really gel.

Do you like things like the LSO? I could never get into it. Equally, depsite the fact that I always loved Lumpy Gravy, I couldn't approach Phase 3 and I think I've only ever played that twice to this day.

I'm somewhat embarassed to say I haven't given either the LSO recordings or Phase 3 adequate listening time and attention to have an opinion . . . sorry.gif

Okay, let me get this straight...

The Conan The Barbarian #15 1972 NM 9.4 OW/W Elric C/S App listing did not sell for a $24.99 opening bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33811&item=6568610621

Then it went unsold upon relist, again for a $24.99 opening bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6572772740

So now I see it relisted again, but this time for a BIN of $49.99??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6577137879

No offense, but is this some Ancient Chinese EBay sales tactic I'm unaware of? confused-smiley-013.gif

I can see Divad's Logic. By putting it at a higher Bid, but with the Submit Best Offer option, he is thinking (im assuming of course) that someone will come and offer half, think that they are getting the book at 50% off (remember, we love getting a discount) and he sells the book at or near the price he wants.

I can see Divad's Logic. By putting it at a higher Bid, but with the Submit Best Offer option, he is thinking (im assuming of course) that someone will come and offer half, think that they are getting the book at 50% off (remember, we love getting a discount) and he sells the book at or near the price he wants.

sumo.gif

Any way, the book is worth twice that . . . hi.gif

sumo.gif

Book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But I can see it "Guiding" for that gossip.gif

sumo.gif

Book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But I can see it "Guiding" for that gossip.gif

Touche, my free-market bro' grin.gif