• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Last Comic Book..................

12 posts in this topic

........ok, theres been plenty of discusion on the boards about the likelyhood of new comics eventually ceasing to be............

.........so what will be the last book ever published?

.........the one that finally ends it all?

.............maybe marvel's 25th aniversary of its 25th revamp?

.............dc's attemp to merge batman and superman into the superbat?

.............image's first $100 cover price?

.............or can spidey save the day with spider-man XXVI?

............. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that it's a Marvel comic. If you had asked me prior to the Spiderman movie what it'd be I certainly wouldn't have said Marvel since they were bordering on having to sell off the trademarks on their charactors..but they seem to be doing..quite well.. now..

Brian

Luckily Marvel does not have to sell off the characters that the company owns. If Marvel is used properly they should be around for a long time as should their characters. Marvel needs to continue to produce good products. Spider-man was a great movie, but it will be tough if not impossible to stay at that level. They need to produce quality products and they seem to finally be doing that again. Marvel should get some good TV shows going. If the WB can have Smallville and Birds of Prey. Marvel could easily have a solid TV show or two.

I think so.... the kids still watch it.

Comics may not sell as well now, but there's no discounting the popularity of these characters in Saturday morning cartoon form.