• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

(worship) Very cool pages that actually set the tone for the story - I love Paul Smith stuff.

I agree 100%. It doesn't have the bombast of some artists (I was gonna say modern artists, but Kirby was hardly short on bombast), but it tells the story really well, looks sleek and appealing, and keeps you reading forever.

And he could draw cute chicks...

gl_vs_star_saffire_caf.jpg

reprint from comics general

Just got home from work and very excited. For years way before this was a hot book whenever I thought of Marvel Preview I thought of this cover. I bought and read this series many, many moons ago before and loved it. I consider this a classic cover...... lol ... I give you Marvel Preview 4

You can make out some of the textures in the pic. Just super awesome in person.

p4002_zps7206bb4f.jpg

and a scan

MarvelPreview4Cover_zpsd6b15952.jpg

Edited by BrianR

Just got home from work and very excited. For years way before this was a hot book whenever I thought of Marvel Preview I thought of this cover. I bought and read this series many, many moons ago before and loved it. I consider this a classic cover...... lol ... I give you Marvel Preview 4

p4002_zps7206bb4f.jpg

and a scan

:applause:

p4002_zps7206bb4f.jpg

and a scan

Wow. That's cool to see a key book piece of OA!

This change in strategy and overall collecting for me is the best thing I could've done. Its a total fresh start.

Just a size comparison to see how impressive these Magazine covers are. I will be heading out this weekend to start getting the pricing for framing. Unfortunately it won't be cheap. Total redoing my comic room as well.

compare001_zpsde09395e.jpg

This change in strategy and overall collecting for me is the best thing I could've done. Its a total fresh start.

Just a size comparison to see how impressive these Magazine covers are. I will be heading out this weekend to start getting the pricing for framing. Unfortunately it won't be cheap. Total redoing my comic room as well.

compare001_zpsde09395e.jpg

That's really cool - I had no idea it would have been that size. Even more impressive.

Just picked this up. A little out of my collecting focus, but I really liked the cover for some reason. She looks like she's gonna lay the Whammy on someone.

Jerry%20Bingham%20-%20Warp%2017%20Cover.jpg

hey for everyone who wants a very cheap option for framing check out these guys which are local to me and i get all my stuff done there:

www.arttoframes.com

if you measure your stuff yourself, you can get acid free backing, uv plexiglass and ppretty much any color/size you want for well under 100 bucks for a very large size and well under 50 bucks for a 11x17!