• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Both pages are much whiter than my phone makes them appear. This one just blew my mind when I saw it. Matt Fox was such a talented artist

AA0282C9-EBC4-4F77-9275-064D4576A79D_zpsldc59xfu.jpg

Quit collecting art! There's too much competition as it is. :baiting: Congrats, anyway... :sorry:

Another chunk of my daughters' inheritance has been squandered!

Joe Eisma is the artist on Morning Glories. The book is fascinating to me. It's a puzzle sent in a prestigious private academy where the students are all unusual and the faculty is just plain strange.

It's been described by Nick Spencer, the series writer, as "Runaways meets Lost." Runaways was a comic book series featuring young characters who discover that their parents are evil and Lost was a very mysterious TV show with a very non-linear narrative structure. Per the Wikipedia, "the series focuses on six 'brilliant but troubled' new recruits at Morning Glory Academy, a prestigious prep school hiding "sinister and deadly" secrets."

Anyway, Joe has been the series artist for its entire run to date (quite an accomplishment). But that’s just the start, the series is supposed to run about 100 issues and Joe is committed to doing them all.

I enjoy his story telling and have had him add head sketches to each chapter break on my copies of the Deluxe edition books, but I've wanted a commission from him for some time. I decided to pull the trigger this month.

So, for your viewing pleasure, I offer my latest addition featuring the staff and students of MGA discussing a recent disagreement. Sorry Allie, Elizabeth, and Rebecca.

Click to embiggen and read more about the setting and characters.

GAeHM6B8_3105152010581.jpg

Loved reading about this on your CAF site. The prelim stuff really added to your tale. Thanks for sharing.

Both pages are much whiter than my phone makes them appear. This one just blew my mind when I saw it. Matt Fox was such a talented artist

Quit collecting art! There's too much competition as it is. :baiting: Congrats, anyway... :sorry:

lol

Thanks Roger.

lol

Thanks Roger.

WOW Bill, you really snagged some great pieces. Was it Tom Kelb you bought from?

Another chunk of my daughters' inheritance has been squandered!

Joe Eisma is the artist on Morning Glories. The book is fascinating to me. It's a puzzle sent in a prestigious private academy where the students are all unusual and the faculty is just plain strange.

It's been described by Nick Spencer, the series writer, as "Runaways meets Lost." Runaways was a comic book series featuring young characters who discover that their parents are evil and Lost was a very mysterious TV show with a very non-linear narrative structure. Per the Wikipedia, "the series focuses on six 'brilliant but troubled' new recruits at Morning Glory Academy, a prestigious prep school hiding "sinister and deadly" secrets."

Anyway, Joe has been the series artist for its entire run to date (quite an accomplishment). But that’s just the start, the series is supposed to run about 100 issues and Joe is committed to doing them all.

I enjoy his story telling and have had him add head sketches to each chapter break on my copies of the Deluxe edition books, but I've wanted a commission from him for some time. I decided to pull the trigger this month.

So, for your viewing pleasure, I offer my latest addition featuring the staff and students of MGA discussing a recent disagreement. Sorry Allie, Elizabeth, and Rebecca.

Click to embiggen and read more about the setting and characters.

GAeHM6B8_3105152010581.jpg

Loved reading about this on your CAF site. The prelim stuff really added to your tale. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the art and the description. I spend time on those so that people know something about how the image came to be.

lol

Thanks Roger.

WOW Bill, you really snagged some great pieces. Was it Tom Kelb you bought from?

mum is the word

I don't normally post my purchases here, but this cover is something of a Grail for me, I just didn’t realize it until lately. Last year I bought a dozen or so various GA, SA, and Bronze Age Blackhawk comics, including issue 245. I had always thought 245 was a cool cover, but I never remembered owning it until I read the issue and then remembered my dad giving me this comic (and a few other war comics) when I was a little kid. My father was a Vietnam vet and was very proud of his service to our country, so I’m sure he was happy to buy 7 y.o. me a few war comics when I started showing interest in reading comic books. As most other 7-8 year old's would do, I moved on to superhero comics and then Star Wars mania in the late 70’s, but I had always had a vague memory of the Unknown Soldier, Sgt. Rock, the Haunted Tank and now, a more vivid memory of Blackhawk. After reading that issue with the flood of memories pouring in, I was delighted to see the cover on Albert Moy’s website.

Sadly, my dad passed away several years ago due to complications attributed to Agent Orange exposure; I miss him greatly.

Thanks for everything Dad, this one’s for you. I wish you were here so we could reminisce.

Joe Kubert Blackhawk

A86296A6-7F7D-49F7-834C-4EE0BBD1CA39_zpsp6isvns5.jpg

Fantastic cover, congrats!

For whatever reason, I don't click this thread often. Maybe because I instantly scroll down past the permanent threads at top to check out new threads. But some very cool pieces in the last few pages...congrats to those new owners as well.

...and then remembered my dad giving me this comic (and a few other war comics) when I was a little kid. My father was a Vietnam vet and was very proud of his service to our country, so...

An incredible story there (yours I mean), and I'm almost as happy about this as you, even though we don't know each other (and I'm as about anti-war as one can be). Really I am. Wish I could read something like this once a day, preferably early, to set the day up for success!