• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Great acqusitions Jon (the good thing about collecting modern art, is you have at least a shot at getting nice pages instead of the "Endless" searches wink.gif.).

Totally true. I'm loving buying a page for $150 instead of $1500 and getting the same enjoyment out of it.

The Ex Machina 911 pages really are memorable, all the elements you look for in good OA. Congratulations.

Also added a couple of Fables pages to my gallery from issue 50.

http://qurls.com?i=366

Great pages, Paul! #50 is a truly key issue in the series and these are key pages from it! Congrats back at you...

J

Not sure if you're joking or not re the piece being for sale, but why would anyone get a commission done only to resell (unless one didn't like it i guess)? I would think that anyone else could simply get the same artist to do a commission for them, probably without the resale markup. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure if you're joking or not re the piece being for sale, but why would anyone get a commission done only to resell (unless one didn't like it i guess)? I would think that anyone else could simply get the same artist to do a commission for them, probably without the resale markup. confused-smiley-013.gif

that's gman for you...every commision he gets is for sale..even the convention sketches.

i just leave the door open to anyone who might have some interest in the piece...Often, I am able to get in contact with other collectors who have pieces for sale or trade. It's really about creating contacts and creating opportunities. I highly doubt I will be sellin this piece anytime soon. hi.gif

Couple new pages -- likely sitting at work today while I'm not there to pick them up!! smile.giffrown.gif

These are from the Ex Machina Special, guest art by Chris Sprouse and Karl Story. They're are also special because our very own Solar was a prince amongst men for hooking me up with these. Thanks, man!

from the 1st meeting between the Great Machine and Pherson

from the (final?) meeting between the GM and Pherson

Alright -- one more Ex Machina post for the day. Uploaded 4 more pieces:

We're into sensitive territory, both for 9/11 imagery and spoilers for the series. If you think you might not want to see such images, use discretion before clicking the 3rd or 4th link.

Ex Machina #25 Cover - Incredible Metropolis Homage!

A little slice of the geography of Queens, and some history.

A heart wrenching 9/11 page.

A major death this early on? SPOILERS!

Alright -- one more Ex Machina post for the day. Uploaded 4 more pieces:

We're into sensitive territory, both for 9/11 imagery and spoilers for the series. If you think you might not want to see such images, use discretion before clicking the 3rd or 4th link.

Ex Machina #25 Cover - Incredible Metropolis Homage!

All right - this one JUST came out in previews. Are you officially stalking Tony Harris? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm just jealous. Very, very jealous. hail.gif

All right - this one JUST came out in previews. Are you officially stalking Tony Harris? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The real question is just how long have I been sitting on it waiting to post? devil.gif

But I think stalking Tony would be a big mistake. I could see him marching out of his house with a baseball bat and really ruining my day.

So I hired a surrogate stalker!! grin.gif

J

stalking is very effective.

I did that to get my ION Covers! grin.gif

stalking is very effective.

I did that to get my ION Covers! grin.gif

Heh - how do you think I got half the Bachalo pieces in my collection? devil.gif