• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

So I achieved a minor collecting goal this week by obtaining the remaining 3 pages of what has the distinction of being my favorite sequence from my favorite issue of Ex Machina. Now all the pages where Mitch meets the fortune teller in the Eisner nominated single issue "Fortune Favors" can be found lined up like ducks in a row.

Mitch doesn't like what he hears.

...not that fast, not that strong...

...a man who is hardly free of sin...

Great pages. That's definitely one of the best scenes from the series thus far.

So this first one is a reintroduction of an Ex Machina page I've had for awhile, but it was sold before the inks had been filled. Tom Feister was saintly enough to finish them, which was no small favor given the detail on the page!!

Solar will appreciate this one!!

This second page was always one of my favorites, for the reveal of the villain (at least to Mitch) of the arc.

I had to take my husband apart, so I could learn how to put myself back together again.

So this first one is a reintroduction of an Ex Machina page I've had for awhile, but it was sold before the inks had been filled. Tom Feister was saintly enough to finish them, which was no small favor given the detail on the page!!

Solar will appreciate this one!!

This second page was always one of my favorites, for the reveal of the villain (at least to Mitch) of the arc.

I had to take my husband apart, so I could learn how to put myself back together again.

Awww yeah! That was never one of my favorite Ex Mach pages when I owned it, but it looks a hell of a lot better now. Congrats on getting Tom to finish it (especially since he's off the book now).

Just bought this form Alex Maleev:

Justa heads up but I just saw this page on sale still

http://anthonysnyder.com/Featured.asp?Piece=4951

I noticed that, too. I'm wondering what's going on, because he never charged my card last week after we finalized the deal. However, Anthony Snyder has a tendency to leave pieces catalogued in "new arrivals" long after they've sold.

BLACK CAT MYSTERY 31

1650417-bcm31.jpg

I first saw the printed version of this comic here on these boards and instantly loved it. I started collecting any decent copy I could find. So when I saw the orignal while browsing through the latest Heritage catalog I was amazed. Here is a cover I stumbled upon while browsing these boards and then stumbled upon the auction in a catalog I am lucky to get since I have only won one auction from Heritage and it was for under $175.

Golden Age art pricing is somethng I know NOTHING about, so my first thought is to PM some of the board members that I have seen discussing it, and who's opinions I have come to trust. All of them responded and I'd like to thank them very much for thier informatve and helpful responses.

So I bid my max on the auction (read that "as much as I could scrape together" which was less than some of the estimates I recieved via PM) and I didn't win. frown.gif Fast forward a couple of weeks and I get an email saying the cover is still available for the winning bid which was one increment above mine. I jumped at it (and also thought, if I had bid less 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ).

See THIS THREAD for more obsessing over this cover. I really like those monsters confused.gif

1650417-bcm31.jpg.5e486cef477f0deb23481f7d635b5678.jpg