• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,721 posts in this topic

Got this in the mail (thanks to Flying-Donut for pointing out that it was for sale)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=131007&GSub=17971

and I won this:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=130823&GSub=7515

And that's that.

Nice Transmetropolitan page Rob! It's always good to see the Filthy Assistants' dirty bits...

I'm happy with it. I'm happy just to get all three of them in a page, so dirty bits is just a bonus.

I would've tried to have won it if it only had lettering on the page.

Not having lettering is a bonus in my eyes.

Nice page!

Nah, it feels like it's been neutered somehow.

Anyways that's the joy of art, it's all subjective. smile.gif

I'm with Thomas, actually, in that I usually prefer lettering on a page - it is a comic book after all - and this is the only page I have sans dialogue, but I think i prefer this one without any word balloons. It's not so cluttered that way, and I bought it (in this case) primarily for the depictions of the characters. Now I have to pick up the actual comic so I can find out what they're saying...

Well Zeck covers are a little out of my price range right now, but I am extremely happy that I got this pinup today...

It was actually published in Captain America #50 (Vol 3):

ZeckCap.jpg

A couple of interesting tidbits: The page was actually drawn on a DC/Vertigo board, but Zeck drew the pinup on the backof the board. It does have the Marvel stamp in the back though...

Another interesting note is that, in the back, there's a handwritten note that says "Return To: " and then Mike Zeck's address. It also has Zeck's signature in the back.

I really don't have a way to do word balloons for this SOOOO I am just going to add a caption.

ZeckCap.jpg

After being diagnosed with 10 STDS(7 human, 3 shark) Captain America is faced with the prospect of informing all of his former sex-partners...

Edit: Great Mike Zeck art by the way!!

Edited by Timulty