• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Archie #649 contained a story by Tom DeFalco which took place in an alternate universe where Riverdale High somehow resembles Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Jughead made it up as a bedtime story for Jellybean).

The cover now resides in my Bill Galvan-collection:

Archie_649_OA.jpg

Inked by the always underappreciated Bob Smith. When will he get the recognition he deserves?

Bill was kind enough to include a signed copy of the actual comic in the deal.

Click on the picture to see a larger scan in my CAF-gallery.

For all you Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity Gauntlet fans…here's a "gem" of a page featuring Nebula, the adopted daughter of Thanos, seizing the gauntlet from Thanos and taking sweet revenge on the mad Titan. One of my favorite images from the Infinity Gauntlet saga...Marvel later used the art as a TPB chapter splash.

senZLDCi_1008140614361.jpg

Click for CAF Link

Thanks to Joe "Shermanator" for this page.

For all you Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity Gauntlet fans…here's a "gem" of a page featuring Nebula, the adopted daughter of Thanos, seizing the gauntlet from Thanos and taking sweet revenge on the mad Titan. One of my favorite images from the Infinity Gauntlet saga...Marvel later used the art as a TPB chapter splash.

I'm so excited to get this page, didn't know these were drawn twice-up!

Infinity Gauntlet #5 p29

Thanks Joe!

That's awesome, while I'm a current fan of GotG, the main reason for that is my love the Infinity Gauntlet series. The first massive crossover I read completely when I was younger, and it really started my love for all of the all encompassing crossover series (I love team books, and these things are even better when all the teams get together).

I'm incredibly jealous, I have to keep my eyes open for any art from this series in the future. Congrats!!

Don't share here often, but I hope to real soon!

VampirellaampNosferatu_TEXampRaney_zps4781f9df.jpg

Awesome Vampirella piece!

Tex :cloud9:

Thanks, guys! I have an email out to my favorite inker. Hopefully his schedule clears up soon and he wants to do it! :wishluck:

Can't wait to pick this up at next weeks Fan Expo. It's my first painting

Big thanks to Paul Limgenco from Spent Pencils for doing this for me

Play on Superman #1 by Alex Ross

21cf4b5.jpg[/img]

Edited by Dwitkin82

Thanks to Alex Johnson, who tipped me off, I was able to add these three consecutive Rick O'Shay strips by Stan Lynde from July 1971 to my collection:

Rick_O_Shay_71-7-29.jpg

Rick_O_Shay_71-7-30.jpg

Rick_O_Shay_71-7-31.jpg

They are from the adventure "Bearcat" which ran from July 5th to September 25th and must be considered an early example of criticism of the modern way of life and its impact on the environment.

Even though there was some trouble with the payment (which was returned twice and made me lose about $50 on the exchange rate) I am still *very* pleased with the purchase.

Stan Lynde is a household name in Sweden because both Rick O'Shay and Latigo were published in the bi-weekly Phantom comic book for years. Lynde also created two comic strips exclusively for that book, Chief Sly Fox and Bad Bob. They have never been printed in english (I think).

Click on the pictures and you will see larger scans in my CAF gallery.

(Useless fact: I carried them back to Sweden wrapped around a bottle of Cruzan Black Strap in my suitcase. Worked very well.)

Edited by Caltex98