• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Just added a beautiful Joelle Jones Lady Killer splash page. There were very few splash pages in the series so I was very happy to be offered this one.

Lady Killer Splash

Nice page! Joelle has really grown as an artist over the last few years and is a current Eisner nominee for Best Penciller of the Year

New in today is a two-page episode of the 'Follyfoot' strip by Mike Noble from an early 1970s edition of the UK comic-mag, LOOK IN (which carried a number of different strips, mostly based on popular TV shows at the time)..

Yeah, I know what most of you are thinking, "WTF is Follyfoot?" lol

Follyfoot was an early 1970s UK children's drama about life on a farm (ranch, I think you call it over in the USA?). Not exactly a TV show that I was ever fond of, but I do like Mike Noble's comic-strip artwork. These two pages (full colour painted art) were quite cheap to buy, so I'm not complaining.

The blank space at upper left was where the strip's title was added in production.

The corresponding page 2 can be seen in my CAF (follow the link in my signature line . . . if you're suitable excited by what you see :grin: ).

Noble1.jpg

Follyfoot by Mike Noble

Farmers raise crops.

Ranchers raise cattle.

They don't like each other because:

• Farmers put up barbed wire fences on perfectly good ranch land.
  • Ranchers let their animals trample and eat anything.

Don't get cattle ranchers started about sheep.

From deep in the heart of Texas,

Alex

Happy to post this pick-up from the last Heritage Auction:

iYyqv62v_0106162049181gpadd.jpg

Loved this piece as soon as I saw it--Romita doing Spidey and his Amazing Friends--but didn't think it would fall within my reach. So glad it did!

Thanks for looking...

Jeremy

Farmers raise crops.

Ranchers raise cattle.

They don't like each other because:

• Farmers put up barbed wire fences on perfectly good ranch land.
  • Ranchers let their animals trample and eat anything.

Don't get cattle ranchers started about sheep.

From deep in the heart of Texas,

Alex

British farmers also raise livestock.

"Deep in the heart of Texas". Wasn't that a song? ;)

Nice Liam Sharpe WW. I have a Hulk he did.

1d34b137-7efd-4fc6-88fe-d62b5212107b_zpskgzff0sb.jpg

I would not want that angry Hulk after me!

"Deep in the heart of Texas". Wasn't that a song? ;)

Yep. We sing it in the middle of the 7th inning of a baseball game right after Take me out to the ballgame. I can explain baseball later, but think cricket but faster.

You can hear it here:

:)

in 2014 Brett Booth took over art duties on The Flash and to help publicize and promote the entire creative team's appearance at the Phoenix Comic Con He drew this pinup that had hints about the story to come. Since the time frame was short Norm Rapmund inked over what he calls a "pencil print.” I bought the inked piece from Norm at a convention about a month before the Phoenix Comic Con. I was hoping to buy the pencils from Brett in Phoenix, but he had already sold them to someone else. For the pst 2 years the pencil art has passed through several collector’s hands with me being too late or cash poor to acquire it. That was until it showed up on Romitaman’s website in early May. I contacted Mike and we worked out some payments over time. Today the pencils for that beautiful pinup have been united with their inked counterpart, and as long as I have anything to say about it, they won’t be separated again.

Flash 2014 Pinup Pencils

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1320711

Flash 20124 Pinup Inked

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1132306

Happy to post this pick-up from the last Heritage Auction:

iYyqv62v_0106162049181gpadd.jpg

Loved this piece as soon as I saw it--Romita doing Spidey and his Amazing Friends--but didn't think it would fall within my reach. So glad it did!

Thanks for looking...

Jeremy

Great pick-up, full figure Romita Spidey in a classic pose!

in 2014 Brett Booth took over art duties on The Flash and to help publicize and promote the entire creative team's appearance at the Phoenix Comic Con He drew this pinup that had hints about the story to come. Since the time frame was short Norm Rapmund inked over what he calls a "pencil print.” I bought the inked piece from Norm at a convention about a month before the Phoenix Comic Con. I was hoping to buy the pencils from Brett in Phoenix, but he had already sold them to someone else. For the pst 2 years the pencil art has passed through several collector’s hands with me being too late or cash poor to acquire it. That was until it showed up on Romitaman’s website in early May. I contacted Mike and we worked out some payments over time. Today the pencils for that beautiful pinup have been united with their inked counterpart, and as long as I have anything to say about it, they won’t be separated again.

Flash 2014 Pinup Pencils

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1320711

Flash 20124 Pinup Inked

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1132306

Sweet. So glad you were able to bring them together.

Bryan Baugh has been listing a bunch of new pieces in his store recently and I have picked up some of them. 2 of them arrived today. I think this piece has to be the cutest Batsy and Kershy I have ever seen Bryan draw. I can't believe Bryan thought it wouldn't sell. When I saw it it was a no brainer purchase. I love cute moments between these characters and I don't think they come much cuter then this. :cloud9:

Batsy and Kershy Smiles

ohoKez.jpg

I also received a very cute nude piece of Batsy and Kershy but I'll just post a link to it.

Batsy and Kershy Hug

You might want to click the link and read the description. Overground Comics has an unusual approach to their universe and Plus Ultra is not a typical super-hero.

ZeI1r7tL_0606162145571gpadd.jpg

I like Matthew's work a lot and I really like the body language on these two pages.

P.S. Yes, there's more being posted while I watch Rice play LSU. Go Owls. Expect more posts.

Here's another piece by Matthew Weldon that my daughter bought and I call "Imagination Unleashed."

cAG96ceu_0606162252311gpadd.jpg

For completeness and just to show his range, here's my daughter's commisison - Kitty Potter.

i8pGhffX_1111140026301.jpg