The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

11,542 posts in this topic

We are remodeling our house so clearly I need to spend more money on comic book art from a comic of which no one has heard. Yes, I have once again squandered a bit of the daughters' inheritance for my own pleasure.

This time it was from the second issue of Fairy Quest by Paul Jenkins (writer) and Humberto Ramos (artist).

Fairy Quest 1 and 2 were Kickstarted and later distributed by Boom! many years ago. It shares a basic premise with Fables and TV shows like Once Upon a Time where the realm of Fairy Tales is real.

In this case, it's run by a Mr. Grimm who requires the characters to do their story exactly the way it is written - over and over and over. Failure to comply leads to getting one's mind erased.

The story tells of Red Riding Hood and Woof, a wolf, trying to escape to the "Real World" wherever it may be, whatever it may be.

I was quite disappointed that there were only 2 issues and I waited a long time before giving up and filing them in the closet of no return.

This year things changed - Issue 3 was solicited on KS AND this page showed up in the NYCC charity auction. I bid and I won.

The other page had more action, but I like the scene setting - Red and Woof have come across a devastated town and are confronted by a very large minion of Mr. Grimm.

I've always liked Ramos' work especially on Impulse, but I like to get pieces with the artist's own IP if possible. This scratched an itch.

By the way, MultiversityComics has a great review that I link to the CAF Description. Click on the image.

image.thumb.png.de7907f40b730e8419345c66935fbfca.png

What better to follow Halloween than DEATH!  :fear:

One of the earliest known images of Death by Chris Bachalo, who drew this amazing Death pin-up in anticipation of the Death: High Cost Of Living series that came out in 1993.

Death 1992 pin-up

16 hours ago, LastRaven said:

CAF Update: 

After about 8 or so years, I got off my lazy butt and decided to update my pieces. Good to be back. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?yr=2020&gcat=50036

So it sounds like you were acquiring pieces but just not updating our CAF?

Regards,

Malvin

3 hours ago, malvin said:

So it sounds like you were acquiring pieces but just not updating our CAF?

Regards,

Malvin

Kind of sort of. 

I got a piece last week as a gift from my brother. Had been collecting over the last 10 yrs or so, but the gift spurred me to update. He bought a Kupperberg piece and "forgot" about it until he moved recently and "traded it" (lol) for something I bought "for" him.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1675625&GSub=115839

On 10/28/2020 at 10:20 AM, Latverian Tourism Board said:

THA-KOOM is the sound Skrull Colossus makes when the Thing throws him through a building. The more you know 🌈

CAF link

87F90B49-0A44-4859-8E7F-2EF1389438D5.thumb.jpeg.89db3ab9eeb550847bf79ff0502990c9.jpeg

Oh man! I love this page... missed it by 30 seconds last year when it was on Facebook for sale. Congrats! 

Love the headshot jam! I have been thinking about doing one of those.

Paul Smith sketches are hard to get since they fly off his web site in under an hour usually. Congratulations on getting a Wolvie! I see PMS has the claws coming out in a more sensible location of the hand, even if he (like everyone else) usually draws them on top of the hand. You'd think piercing power would be much better if they came between the fingers rather than above them.

RCO013_1469324113.jpg.aef1f4af2175ad5ad5c859d8b11f48f3.jpg