• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANOTHER auction ended early - X-Men #94

59 posts in this topic

well, at least he's a very humble person whose site name doesn't imply the least bit of arrogance.

Mark is a friend of mine and one of the good guys in the hobby. He's willing to deal and his word actually means something. I spoke with him last night and got the full 411 on the X-Men #94 page deal. Before people sling stones and arrows at him for getting the seller to end the auction early, they should know that the seller received numerous offers from others to do the same, including from some of the very people on this Board. No wonder the silence has been deafening - getting sellers to end auctions early is practically standard operating procedure for nice pieces on eBay these days.

On a similar note, an auction for a piece I really wanted was ended early yesterday on eBay. I thought this piece was under the radar enough where the seller would actually play by the rules and go through with the auction. Silly me. My new policy? If any piece I really want shows up on eBay, I'm going straight to the source and offering the seller "bags of cash" tongue.gif to end an auction early. That's simply the reality of the market these days.

well, at least he's a very humble person whose site name doesn't imply the least bit of arrogance.

Mark is a friend of mine and one of the good guys in the hobby. He's willing to deal and his word actually means something. I spoke with him last night and got the full 411 on the X-Men #94 page deal. Before people sling stones and arrows at him for getting the seller to end the auction early, they should know that the seller received numerous offers from others to do the same, including from some of the very people on this Board. No wonder the silence has been deafening - getting sellers to end auctions early is practically standard operating procedure for nice pieces on eBay these days.

On a similar note, an auction for a piece I really wanted was ended early yesterday on eBay. I thought this piece was under the radar enough where the seller would actually play by the rules and go through with the auction. Silly me. My new policy? If any piece I really want shows up on eBay, I'm going straight to the source and offering the seller "bags of cash" tongue.gif to end an auction early. That's simply the reality of the market these days.

I'm just saying, I don't know the guy, but from stuff like this, I would be quite reticent to deal with him.