• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM impulse buy it now purchase.

23 posts in this topic

The Grading Bastiche Says...5.0.

The Bastiche is getting a little soft . . . 27_laughing.gif

4.0 sumo.gif and not a penny more. sumo.gifsumo.gif

Say what you will, it really doesn't look all that bad. I have seen much worse 5.0's. I was going to give a 6.0 but dustshadows really drag a book down.

All questions are goood.

It's Aquaman number 1. From the DC era when #1's on the cover were thought to reduce sales. Like JLA #1 etc.

The real funny thing is this issue is worth more than Showcase 30 (1st SA appearance)

Say what you will, it really doesn't look all that bad. I have seen much worse 5.0's. I was going to give a 6.0 but dustshadows really drag a book down.

The dust shadows are unfortunate, but completely allowable (imho) in the grade range we are discussing. It's the extensive spine creasing and apparent frailty of the spine that brings it down to a 4.0, along with the misc. creasing. grin.gif

The dust shadows are unfortunate, but completely allowable (imho) in the grade range we are discussing. It's the extensive spine creasing and apparent frailty of the spine that brings it down to a 4.0, along with the misc. creasing. grin.gif

The spine is not frail.....does that mean you'll give it a bump in grade?

I figured that this was a VG/FN.

The spine is not frail.....does that mean you'll give it a bump in grade?

I figured that this was a VG/FN.

Consider it bumped, although spine damage is almost always the greater concern to me. grin.gif

$50 for an Aquaman #1 in VG/F 5.0 seems pretty sweet to me............average slabbed price has been $146 with a high of $210 thumbsup2.gif

i was surprised by your comments regarding the books value relative to Showcase #30 but you're correct in every grade.

i find that pretty strange and doubt that there's another instance of a DC character where the 1st appearance in Showcase or B&B is worth less than the #1 issue. confused.gif

$50 for an Aquaman #1 in VG/F 5.0 seems pretty sweet to me............average slabbed price has been $146 with a high of $210 thumbsup2.gif

i was surprised by your comments regarding the books value relative to Showcase #30 but you're correct in every grade.

i find that pretty strange and doubt that there's another instance of a DC character where the 1st appearance in Showcase or B&B is worth less than the #1 issue. confused.gif

Maybe we have a sleeper with future upside in the Showcase issues.... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the GPA information. I should subscribe, but I don't sell much, and I pretty much only buy golden. Except on impulse.

I've got a raw unrestored Showcase 30 in at least VF that I purchased for under $20 back in 1987 or so. I should scan that one and get the grade just for kicks.

Could Aquaman having a regular strip in Adventure well into the SA have something to do with his Showcase debut not being as highly valued

as his first issue?

Not sure, any thoughts from "older" collectors that me?

Maybe it's just those geeky monsters on the front cover 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

1059843-ComicBook0664.JPG

Could Aquaman having a regular strip in Adventure well into the SA have something to do with his Showcase debut not being as highly valued

as his first issue?