• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Vampi 1

20 posts in this topic

The BE of BC keeps from a straight VF IMO...

Ditto.

Actually I disagree, due to the tremendous number of positives. Grading is not all negative guys. grin.gif

This is a magazine, and that's a relatively insignificant series of crescent creases along the bottom edge of the back cover, on a book that otherwise appears to be a 9.0 -- I think a full point deduction is sufficient . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

takeit.gif

Ditto.

Actually I disagree, due to the tremendous number of positives. Grading is not all negative guys. grin.gif

This is a magazine, and that's a relatively insignificant series of crescent creases along the bottom edge of the back cover, on a book that otherwise appears to be a 9.0 -- I think a full point deduction is sufficient . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

takeit.gif

Normally I would agree with you, but there appear to be 2-4 small vertical tears on the bottom edge along with the creasing. Not to mention the 3" color breaking crease through the bottom two panels of art on the back cover. Actually, it might be closer to a technical 7.0 when you take the size of that crease into account. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

OMG! 893whatthe.gif

That's bizzare, I was going to post something very similar to that after seeing the 7.5s pop up! Too true that it's not all negatives. That front cover has some nice qualities that must be considered to equal the final grade. Mags are bigger of course and tend to have their defects appear larger too. I fully agree with an 8.0 thumbsup2.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

Normally I would agree with you, but there appear to be 2-4 small vertical tears on the bottom edge along with the creasing. Not to mention the 3" color breaking crease through the bottom two panels of art on the back cover. Actually, it might be closer to a technical 7.0 when you take the size of that crease into account. confused-smiley-013.gif

Andy,

You may be right . . . let me put it this way then: How many of you would hesitate to pay OS 7.0 guide for this copy? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

OMG! 893whatthe.gif

That's bizzare, I was going to post something very similar to that after seeing the 7.5s pop up! Too true that it's not all negatives. That front cover has some nice qualities that must be considered to equal the final grade. Mags are bigger of course and tend to have their defects appear larger too. I fully agree with an 8.0 thumbsup2.gif

Of course, it could just be us magazine freaks grin.gifhi.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

OMG! 893whatthe.gif

Of course, it could just be us magazine freaks grin.gifhi.gif

Ya mean dem dere big funny books? Yep, I like 'em! insane.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

Andy,

You may be right . . . let me put it this way then: How many of you would hesitate to pay OS 7.0 guide for this copy? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not for a second would I hesitate. I qualified my low 7.0 grade with the word "technical" for a reason. That's a SWEET copy with some unfortunate defects that are unobtrusive, but still IMHO enough to drop it into the low VFs. It's a 7.5 with the front cover eye appeal of an 9.0/9.2. Exactly the kind of book I love.

Ditto.

takeit.gif

Andy,

Not for a second would I hesitate. I qualified my low 7.0 grade with the word "technical" for a reason. That's a SWEET copy with some unfortunate defects that are unobtrusive, but still IMHO enough to drop it into the low VFs. It's a 7.5 with the front cover eye appeal of an 9.0/9.2. Exactly the kind of book I love.

That makes three of us (+fandango is 4) cloud9.gif

Ditto.

takeit.gif

Andy,

That makes three of us (+fandango is 4) cloud9.gif

hi.gif