• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lots of random books up for BINs. 40-60% off guide. ASMs, X-Men, DC war, ect.

77 posts in this topic

Detective 576 in NM/NM+ for $17. OSPG in NM/NM+ is at least $30. SOLD

Basically perfect. McFarlane art.

tec576.jpg

Detective 578 in NM- for $10. OSPG in NM- is $20. SOLD

Nice copy. 2 spine stresses and a lightly blunted upper right corner.

tec578.jpg

House of Mystery 181 in F+ for $10. OSPG in F+ is about is $24. SOLD

Upper left corner bump/crease is the main defect.

hom181.jpg

House of Mystery 211 in VF- for $8. OSPG in VF- is $15. SOLD

Wrightson cover. Just light general wear.

hom211.jpg

Unexpected lot in various grade for $22. OSPG is at least $45-50 total. More than 50% off guide. SOLD

Unexpected 126 in F/VF. Tiny tear in the "U".

unex126.jpg

Unexpected 129 in F/VF. Tiny, tiny bit of foxing on top back edge.

unex1292.jpg

Unexpected 134 in F/VF to VF-. Light foxing.

unex134.jpg

Not sure of the issue number, but I'd be interested in a nice copy of the HOM book that features villagers attacking the werewolf by Wrightson. Childhood fave. grin.gif

I actually have one if you want it. Miswrap though. I will scan and post it in a minute.

Not sure of the issue number, but I'd be interested in a nice copy of the HOM book that features villagers attacking the werewolf by Wrightson. Childhood fave. grin.gif

House of Mystery 231 in VF- to VF for $15. OSPG is a joke on this issue, again.

Some spine stress near the top. Other than that and the miswrap it's a very sharp copy.

hom231.jpg

That miswrap is blinding me.

foreheadslap.gif

You and Beyonder are QP freaks. 893naughty-thumb.gif That's a nice book! sumo.gif

Andy, I'll take it

Arex PMed me just before you posted and is buying it I think. If he passes it's yours. thumbsup2.gif

Defenders 10 in VF+ to VF/NM for $40. OSPG is about $60 in 8.5/9.0.

Classic Thor/Hulk battle cover with only very light spine and corner wear. Sharp.

def10.jpg

That miswrap is blinding me.

foreheadslap.gif

I see a lot of those with that miswrap. Sucks that really good books have that.

Question:

Would anyone be interested in an Adams Batman and Detective lot? It would include 5.0-8.0 copies of 222, 234, 237, 243 and more. If I can move them all at once I would list them, but I would prefer not to sell them off piecemeal. I would probably knock 30-50% off guide. If I get one or two people posting here that might be interested I will post scans, grades, and a price.

popcorn.gif

1st dibs. sumo.gif

Here are the Adams issues, including a super sharp Tec 395 that I shouldn't be parting with. If anyone wants to pick up these as well as the Batman 227 I listed earlier, they can knock $10 off the price on the 227. You aren't going to find these issues cheaper than this, but I will listen to interesting offers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Adams Batman 222, 234, 235, 237, 243; Detective 395, 399, 414 in various grades for $175 plus shipping. OSPG is $230+ in these grades and 222, 235, 395 and maybe a few others routinely sell for over guide on eBay. 25% off OSPG.

Batman 222 VG/F. Presents much nicer. Non color-breaking bend and light general wear. Great eye appeal. Tight staples (hard to find on this issue, MANY have pops). Tough book and one of the most desireable from the whole Adams run and GROSSLY undervalued in the OSPG. SOLD

batman222bass.jpg

Batman 234 in VG/F - F. I am giving a range for this one because it's an odd book. The front cover is GORGEOUS. It looks like a 9.2 through the Mylar and has off-the-press colors and whites. Only the most minor flaws. The back however, is a bit of a mess. It has two long creases and a bunch of small 1/8"-1/2" tears. Front: 9.2 Back:4.0/4.5. You decide the final grade. SOLD

batman234.jpg

Batman 235 in F/VF. Again, great colors. The top edge crease is the only defect of note. Nice copy. Features a Ra's Al Ghul story. Undervalued in guide. SOLD

batman235.jpg

Batman 237 in F/VF. Sharp copy. Slight top edge creasing knocks it out of the VF range. Killer Adams cover and a must-have book. SOLD

batman237.jpg

Batman 243 in VF/VF-. Only light general wear on this tough black cover. Ra's Al Ghul story.

batman243.jpg

Detective 395 in VF. First Adams/O'Neil Batman story. Key issue that is undervalued in guide. Tough black cover. Only blunting on the spine corners keeps this out of a higher grade. Stunning book overall with great colors and nice centering. NO LONGER FOR SALE

tec395.jpg

Detective 399 in VF-. Nice copy with only a small right edge crease.

tec399.jpg

Detective 414 in VF-. One of my favorite Adams covers. Sharp colors. Only some non color-breaking spine stess keeps this out a higher grade. SOLD

tec414.jpg