• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westform $5,852????

38 posts in this topic

Hey, but I came thru after the auction with a bid more than double the highest offer! That should count for something... My question is... why didn't the final bid go higher? Was your feedback rating 0 back then? Or, neg? I can't remember.

Hey, but I came thru after the auction with a bid more than double the highest offer! That should count for something... My question is... why didn't the final bid go higher? Was your feedback rating 0 back then? Or, neg? I can't remember.

This was 2000...everybody had low feedback !!!

I had SEVENTEEN pieces at the time

oh 17, well what was up with that? 9k for that cover seemed awfully cheap to me back then... I guess you too... takeit.gif

I had 86 at the time... this was late in the game my friend. Most of the really good deals were several years before!! makepoint.gif

I had 86 at the time... this was late in the game my friend. Most of the really good deals were several years before!! makepoint.gif

Agreed

Dan

Do you think ebay would be the way to go on such a high-end piece today? My sense is that so many A+ pieces trade hands privately or through the big auction houses (Heritage, AllStar, etc). The internet and ebay not only brought pieces out of the closet, but made the collecting world a much smaller community.

Dan

Do you think ebay would be the way to go on such a high-end piece today? My sense is that so many A+ pieces trade hands privately or through the big auction houses (Heritage, AllStar, etc). The internet and ebay not only brought pieces out of the closet, but made the collecting world a much smaller community.

You can argue it either way. The biggies have there value, but are expensive and you as the consignor are out of the loop of info as it were. You can still put a big piece on ebay with a big reserve and get offers. Better yet, just call up or email the big guns and offer it directly. I usually try to offer the pieces I'm moving to a couple of guys and 7 times out of 10 we work it out. Dan

What's your point? With all your cuddle sessions, you guys might as well be in bed together. Maybe it's "Fred Savage", that cute lil' actor from 'The Wonder Years'? Or it's "Brad Savage", the anon poster from comicart-L. Didn't "Brad Savage" get into a row with a well known and popular poster on the L? That fella from San Francisco? Didn't you claim to be "Brad Savage"? Who the hell, indeed.