• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You gotta love honesty.......AND irony

52 posts in this topic

If he didn't have a problem before...NOW he DOES have one.

Oh he has plenty of problems, thats for sure. The sooner this insufficiently_thoughtful_person is taken down the better for the eBay community. It is unfortunate that he is now trying to harras individuals for speaking up about his apparent criminal activities.

I didn't send any emails to any bidders or winner> I sent HIM an email that reads the following:

"Tom, If that is your name. Quite possibly you haven't thought much about the repercussions of what you are doing. Possibly, your situation may be desperate enough to make you abandon logical thinking and your sense of self-preservation. I'm not going to debate that point with you, and you're not going to convinve me that you have these books listed in your auctions any more than you are going to convince MANY other hobbyists who have books that you have imaged in YOUR auctions as YOUR property, in one hand and their phone in the other, alerting their local FBI field offices of your attempted grand mail fraud. These items cannot exist in two places at the same time, and if I myself own THREE of "YOUR" books imaged, that I am looking at right in front of me, you cannot possibly own them as well.

Anyway, enough preaching. I'm suggesting that possibly you can use a time-out to reflect on just how severely your life will change, for the worse, if you go through with this horribly conceived plan of deception, and actually start to accept MONEY for these items that you neither own nor can produce. It's NOT a good plan, ill-advised, and the penalties are FEDERAL. Think about it. Maybe you can find a way to raise cash, other than this. This is only going to suck you into a revolving door, that no matter what you do, you won't be able to escape from. End the BS NOW and just walk away. You have no idea the misery you'll be avoiding as well as a record that will hamper the rest of your life by doing that simple thing."

Everyone was haranguing him, so I took an alternate route. I thought maybe talking some sense in a helpful way would make him stop and reflect. So MY thanks was his blaming ME. By the way, His Ebay contact info is FALSE.

Has anyone attempted to run contact info on i-net comics? Perhaps there are some similarities between him and great comics.

Has anyone attempted to run contact info on i-net comics? Perhaps there are some similarities between him and great comics.

I'm sure the contact info is all false, but his location is the same 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Just replying to the last post - I think it is member named 12345678! I know nothing about this seller or their past but have to ask:

Does anyone know anything about this person?

I did some feedback looking and this is a high feedbacker with over 1K bought from this seller in the past month or so - am just wondering.

Well I sent emails to him directly and contacted several of the bidders and mailed to ebay. A few of the bidders thanked me, the seller told me I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and nothing from ebay at all! I think there is a connection with i-net and great comics though.

Could some one email him and ask for the serial number (and then verify that if correct, it is fairly new).

I would do it but I emailed Great_Comics so many times that if they are the same person, he will recognize my email.

Could some one email him and ask for the serial number (and then verify that if correct, it is fairly new).

I would do it but I emailed Great_Comics so many times that if they are the same person, he will recognize my email.

He doesn't reply if you ask for serial #'s. He replies instantly to other simple questions though 893censored-thumb.gif

What's real funny is how Great_Comics is suppose to be a "newbie" but he seemed to know an awful lot about raw ungraded comics being auctioned as 9.9 then coming back graded as a 9.0. 893whatthe.gif

Yeah Right!!!!!

The auction for the ASM 2 9.0 by i-netcomics is a scam.

The pic is from a previous auction by seller RTA9999.

When I asked for a back cover scan and a cert number:

Here is the back cover. Let me know when you get it. For some reason some of

the scans aren't getting through. Sorry, but I no longer give out the cert #.

I did that on 5 or 6 books about a month ago, and the next thing I know, the

exact same books were up on eBay.

And not by the person who bought them...Hope you understand...Thanks

The "scan" sent of the back cover is not of a 9.0 2 there is no question

I have no doubt that I-net and GREAT are affiliated.

Here's my email to I_Net_Comics and his reply:

I am very interested in this book. Amazingly enough I like the fact that it has

> cream-off white pages (since some bidders will not bid because of the cream

> pages). Gives me a better chance at the book.

>

> Two questions:

>

> 1) What made you think the book would come back as a 8.0? Was it because of

> Marvel chipping or something else (like the page quality).

>

> 2) Since I haven't bought any books from you, if I win can I use a eBay verified

> escrow service? This book is going to go for mega dollars and I always like to

> use an escrow service on major purchases (if I haven't bought from the seller

> already).

>

> Thanks and Great Book (hope its soon to be mine).

>

It was the page color, yes. There is nothing that really brought the book down

specificlly, I just did not expect a 9.0

I'm sorry, I don't use the escrow service. The only purpose for that is, if

the buyer is not satisfied with the item. But CGC has taken out all doubt.

HE'S TOAST!!!!!

893naughty-thumb.gif

You are absolutely correct. Rich recently offered that book to me after it did not sell on ebay - the seller great comics used his scan for Spidey 3 9.0 which I bought from rta a few months ago. Rich noticed this and emailed me about it last week. I think this i-net and great comics are one and the same. Tricky scam.

I'm sorry, I don't use the escrow service. The only purpose for that is, if

the buyer is not satisfied with the item. But CGC has taken out all doubt.

Wrong. The purpose of escrow is to GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR! insane.gif

what do we make of this? great_comics has ended all his May 5 auctions:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=great_comics&sort=3&page=1&rows=25&since=7&rdir=0

will be interesting to see how the feedbacks come in for the auctions that were completed with winning bidders...

14 of Spades, What we make of it is that I was on the phone with my Ebay Power Seller Rep THREE times over the past two days. Once I told him that Great_Comics' contact info was FALSE (the phone number doesn't exist), that was all the impetus he needed to pull the remainder of his phoney auctions. If the contact info you have given Ebay is false, they can pull your auctions at their descretion.

Interestingly, I-net sent me an email about 3 days ago. He wanted to know how to use Ebay's Private Auction features!

14 of Spades, What we make of it is that I was on the phone with my Ebay Power Seller Rep THREE times over the past two days. Once I told him that Great_Comics' contact info was FALSE (the phone number doesn't exist), that was all the impetus he needed to pull the remainder of his phoney auctions. If the contact info you have given Ebay is false, they can pull your auctions at their descretion.

Interestingly, I-net sent me an email about 3 days ago. He wanted to know how to use Ebay's Private Auction features!

Mmmmm....I was wondering why the auctions ended like 1 second before the end. I thought that it was you omnipotent powers that caused it! insane.gif