• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peace of Mind - The List of Sid's Luncheonette Marvels @NYComicCon

69 posts in this topic

Freakin' Awesome Harry! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

-d

Here is the complete list of 80 Sid's Luncheonette Marvels that will be on sale at the NYComicCon (Javits Center) Feb 24 - 26.

i'll skip the hype ( 893applaud-thumb.gif) as you'll find a convenient LINK below to TVComics website, highlighting the entire Sale with Big front and back cover scans of each book. the site is fully operational and will be tweaked, as necessary, over the coming weeks. (Scans for 3 late added books will be added tomorrow). there will be a link to ask questions of either Byron or Me sometime tomorrow, but i'm available to chat now...........

even if you have no interest at all, they sure are pretty scans cloud9.gif;

> Amazing Spider-Man #6 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #7 in 9.0 White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #8 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #12 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #18 in 7.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #19 in 9.0 Off-White Pages

> Amazing Spider-Man #20 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Avengers #2 in 9.0 White Pages

> Avengers #3 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> Avengers #5 in 6.5 Off-White Pages

> Avengers #8 in 6.0 Off-White to White

> Avengers #11 in 9.0 White Pages

> Daredevil #3 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages

> Daredevil #4 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Daredevil #5 in 9.0 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #2 in 6.5 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #3 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #5 in 7.5 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #6 in 7.5 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #7 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #8 in 6.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #9 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #10 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #14 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #15 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #16 in 7.0 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #17 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #18 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #19 in 9.0 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #20 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #21 in 9.0 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #22 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #23 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #24 in 9.4 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #25 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #26 in 7.5 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #28 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #29 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Fantastic Four #30 in 9.2 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #31 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #32 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages

> Fantastic Four #33 in 8.0 White Pages

> Fantastic Four #34 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #84 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #85 in 7.5 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #86 in 8.5 White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #87 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #88 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #89 in 8.5 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #90 in 8.5 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #91 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #92 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #97 in 8.5 Off-White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #100 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #104 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #105 in 9.4 White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #106 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #108 in 9.2 White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #109 in 7.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #111 in 7.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Journey into Mystery #112 in 7.5 Off-White Pages

> Sgt. Fury #13 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Strange Tales #104 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Strange Tales #107 in 8.5 Off-White to White Pages

> Strange Tales #114 in 9.0 Off-White Pages

> Tales of Suspense #49 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales of Suspense #51 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> Tales of Suspense #54 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales of Suspense #58 in 8.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales of Suspense #59 in 9.0 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #49 in 8.0 Off-White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #50 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #51 in 9.4 White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #53 in 9.4 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #54 in 9.2 Off-White to White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #57 in 9.4 Off-White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #59 in 9.4 Off-White Pages

> Tales to Astonish #60 in 9.0 Off-White Pages

> X-Men #6 in 9.2 Off-White Pages

> X-Men #8 in 6.0 White Pages

http://www.tvcomics.com/Sids.html

That's very generous, but all I'm interested in doing is helping my fellow forumites get their books! The cost is just to get up and back... nothing more...

But I'm more than happy to do this... once the prices go up, come to an agreement with Harry, and I will go to NYC -- pick up all the books -- and bring them back Friday night... going back Sat morning with BronzeBruce, but I will make a special trip to do this Friday. Mostly cause I also want to buy my own books.

Hello Brian,

I would be very interested in your help,if possible.I don't know about the other guys,but I have no problem with giving you a service fee,in fact,I was hoping you would let me give you at least $50 for a nice lunch or whatever,even if for some reason you couldn't get the books I wanted.Hope things are going well with you.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

That's very generous, but all I'm interested in doing is helping my fellow forumites get their books! The cost is just to get up and back... nothing more...

But I'm more than happy to do this... once the prices go up, come to an agreement with Harry, and I will go to NYC -- pick up all the books -- and bring them back Friday night... going back Sat morning with BronzeBruce, but I will make a special trip to do this Friday. Mostly cause I also want to buy my own books.

Hello Brian,

I would be very interested in your help,if possible.I don't know about the other guys,but I have no problem with giving you a service fee,in fact,I was hoping you would let me give you at least $50 for a nice lunch or whatever,even if for some reason you couldn't get the books I wanted.Hope things are going well with you.GOD BLESS...

Brian,

Just a quick question: how will payment be handled? Does it go through you, or if we agree with Harry, will it go to him directly? confused-smiley-013.gif

If Harry will accept payment through him, that'd be fine with me. Then you'd have to forward me $ for shipping so I could get you the books.

Now, the whole reason for this may be that he wants to maintain integrity of the collection and "buy" the books on the floor. Meaning I'd have to go there and pay for them in person at prearranged prices.

If that's the case, you will have to get me the money early and I will get one big check for all the books.

I don't see the Hulks? confused-smiley-013.gif

that's because the Hulks kinda suck!!!!! grin.gif

for some reason all 6 of them are a bit beat (some more than others). i mean, they ain't worthless but i'd bet that maybe only one or two could get a 5.0-6.0 and it ain't the one that matters............... frown.gif

I don't see the Hulks? confused-smiley-013.gif

that's because the Hulks kinda suck!!!!! grin.gif

for some reason all 6 of them are a bit beat (some more than others). i mean, they ain't worthless but i'd bet that maybe only one or two could get a 5.0-6.0 and it ain't the one that matters............... frown.gif

Hulks did suck....40 years ago, now Hulk doesn't suck... sumo.gif....Harry maybe you were one of the few who enjoyed them?

That sure is a nice batch of TIGHTLY GRADED BOOKS.Some of them even appear to be undergraded.When you first started talking about selling,I was sure that I knew EXACTLY which book I wanted.I now know EXACTLY which 10 books I want confused-smiley-013.gif.This'll take me back to the Rogofsky days when you had to list alternate choices(which should be easy to do with that list!! If you don't go too far over FMV,I believe I would predict a 70% sell-through at the show.Nice books,I wish I could be there.Hopefully I'll be able to work out the proxy option.After you become wealthy from selling all those gems,if you need a lawn cutter or shoe shine boy,keep me in mind 27_laughing.gif.GOD BLESS...

thanks Jimbo...... thumbsup2.gif

in all fairness to CGC, the more that i minutely inspect the books, the more that i can pick up. and the toughest thing to pick up are slight bends, waves, dents, etc., that they seem to pummel books for, but are very difficult to see in a Slab.

i think it's safe to say, however, that there's not too much overgrading going on here.

i'd really be surprised if anyone was disappointed with their purchases. blush.gif

wait a sec... As I understand it, noone can buy any books until the show. And, technically ALL OF THEM will be UNSOLD until one hour after the show opens....So how can any of us here "plan" to buy them, even when prices are announced if Harry will wait until the show to sell them? Any deals beforehand would violate the setup, right?

wait a sec... As I understand it, noone can buy any books until the show. And, technically ALL OF THEM will be UNSOLD until one hour after the show opens....So how can any of us here "plan" to buy them, even when prices are announced if Harry will wait until the show to sell them? Any deals beforehand would violate the setup, right?

Aman - that's correct.........NOTHING will be sold before the show opens.

but Brian can show up on Friday with orders for 4 different folks (including himself) and just buy what is available. so he won't be making out his big check beforehand as he won't know what books are available.

and he can't mail any out that were paid for by check until they clear. and we won't be taking personal checks from anyone that we don't personally know..................unless they are willing to wait for the book to be shipped after the check clears.

man, this is all so confusing............cold hard cash/ amex will get it done........... grin.gif

seems to me with all you are attempting to do with these cool books (incredible how nice they are), I dont see how you can A) get maximum publicity and hype by keeping them together as long as possible. and B) sell all of them while C) maintaining the fairness you are striving for...

maybe the prices will separate the men from the boys and solve all the problems!!!

We shall see.

Are these the last of the collection, Harry? Are there more to follow? Perhaps some later FF's?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Guys:

Here's the deal, in order to maintain the integrity of the books, you all need to independently email me with your wants and the price you are willing to pay. I need advance payment plus shipping, either via paypal or check.

I will write ONE check to Harry for all the books and then will distribute them accordingly for the books I am able to buy (obviously if I miss your book and can't buy it, you get your money back). I will then ship them ALL the Monday following the convention.

I will arrive Friday of the con when it opens. I will then simply camp out in front of Byron's booth and chat for about an hour to Harry and whoever is around there. Then, when the hour is up, I will attempt to buy all of your books. Since I will technically be buying a bunch of books all at once I'm sure I will be accomodated to get a look at all of them. I'm not worried about competing against other dealers since they will all be busy with their own booths and not interested in paying "collector" prices.

I would ask that nobody ask me to buy three books I am very interested in -- and if you ask me to buy one via PM I will let you know what books they are.

This way, Harry will make his sales, preserve his integrity and you all can get your books. Those of you who feel like throwing me a little extra $ for the favor, fine, but I'm willing to do this as a favor to my friends here on the boards and to help make more sales for Harry.

I personally love to see slight waves and dents on books because that puts them in MY price range.There will always be the multiple market for 9.4 and up on pre 1965,but I also think that there are a lot of us older chaps with failing eyesight 27_laughing.gif who will always appreciate that nice 9.0-9.2.This may be slightly off topic,but looking at all of your books in the giant scan format has shown me just how objective CGC can be.Those guys have truly returned the "dignity" to the VF grade.Some of your prettiest books are in the VF/VF+ grade(not to say that your TOS 54 doesn't stop the clock).I do have a few friends on the boards and I'm going to try and stay away from the books they want(should be easy since I'm not even going to BE there 27_laughing.gif).I'm hoping to have a short list that will provide alternates in case an issue higher on my list is unavailable.In the end,I'll be happy to get anything on my list(just try to give me a certificate that doesn't have any chipping or off registration 27_laughing.gif).GOD BLESS...