• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing awkward/big sizes....a question

8 posts in this topic

I'm considering picking up a piece that measures 14.5" x 21.25" but I'm using a portfolio to store my art that fits the 11x17 size pretty perfectly. What suggestions do you experts have for storing this? I don't really wanna go buy a portfolio just for this one piece, but I don't want it just sitting out on my dresser, either.

I have three pieces that are way too large for my bigger portfolio. I generally keep them in oversized plastic sleeves (similar to the little hard plastic holders they make for sports cards). Although, I would like to get them framed at some point...

I have three pieces that are way too large for my bigger portfolio. I generally keep them in oversized plastic sleeves (similar to the little hard plastic holders they make for sports cards). Although, I would like to get them framed at some point...

Oversized plastic sleeve? What is this that you speak of?

I use mainly 11x17 portfolios to store my OA, but I also have one 14x19 portfolio reserved for those oversized pieces. They float around quite a bit, but at least they're flat and preserved. Anthony Snyder sells them on his site.

Oversized plastic sleeve? What is this that you speak of?

The sleeves I'm talking about are hard plastic and I've only found them at cons (although I'm sure they're online somewhere). They also make OA sized mylars, which you should be able to pick up from E Gerber.