• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Really Original Marvel Art but...

7 posts in this topic

Pretty damn cool nonetheless I think. (I hope it's okay to post here; otherwise Arch or someone can move it. I figured you guys might appreciate it more.) One of the stronger arguments, imo, that comic book art is meant to be seen in color. devil.gif

1115260-P1000496.JPG

1115260-P1000496.JPG.a2549e75969848228421fea85c91820e.JPG

My favorite of all the blacklights...

Isn't it true that all the Marvel Black light posters came with the instructions to

1) turn off all lights and close all shades

2) turn on black light

3) play side from 1 one of "Dark Side of the Moon" and light up a doob for maximum effectiveness. headbang.gif

just asking...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris Caira

The colouring for the Black Light posters is fine for the effect is was meant to achieve, but otherwise garish (IMHO). I don't think I'd like to see comic-strips coloured, flourescently. laugh.gif

Actually, a lot of vintage art from over here, in the UK, was the complete package - pencils, inks and colours. Here's a full-colour (painted) EARTHA Sunday original by John M Burns (recently profiled in the Twomorrows book, TRUE BRIT):

o0xz76.jpg

The lettering is on an acetate overlay, so the original art can also be viewed free from captioned material.

Or a cover painting by Britain's Patrick Nicholle, a prolific strip-illustrator who was equally at home producing work of this calibre:

o0yvwh.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

That's a wonderful Sunday strip and illustration piece!

The colouring for the Black Light posters is fine for the effect is was meant to achieve, but otherwise garish (IMHO). I don't think I'd like to see comic-strips coloured, flourescently.

I think that colors looked different under a black light and the influence of certain non-traditional pharmceuticals. blush.gif