• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR 25 VF "GREEN RIVER"

41 posts in this topic

and how is any of his verifiable?

That's Red's job. poke2.gif

There are tell-tale date stamps on the GRs right?

The seller is Jim Haack, one of the original purchasers of the collection. These books are among those in the collection that exhibit the impact dents (and minor cover tearing) of bb gun pellets. They've been listed there for a while, and are about 3x what I would personally pay for them. I bought his Tales to Astonish 60 a while back, and Nikos almost bought an early ASM from him before realizing that it indeed had a minor tear in the cover. Read the descriptions. thumbsup2.gif

Here's the book I purchased from him. You can see the tearing on the Hulk's chest.

tta60big.jpg

This is one of about 10 comics that came with the green river collection when we bought it, that had bullet holes thru the front covers.

Am I reading that correctly? Bullet holes? And VF? foreheadslap.gif

always nice to have the expert around for help! Even CBM never had such instant expertise available!

...or guys with so much spare time on their hands. foreheadslap.gif

This is one of about 10 comics that came with the green river collection when we bought it, that had bullet holes thru the front covers.

Am I reading that correctly? Bullet holes? And VF? foreheadslap.gif

Yep. My theory is that the brothers who collected the books were messing around with a bb gun and hit a few books by mistake. Or it could have happened at a later date. At this point, the facts are unclear. But they are more like bb gun pellets, not real bullets, and they made more of an impact on the covers and did not go through any books, or deep into the books as far as I know.

Red

As for the grading....... Ze-man had an otherwise 9.0 and up copy of ASM 57 that had one of these impact dents, and it received a 7.5 from CGC.

Red

Well, hard to claim what they are from CGC's standpoint. I don't think they do ballistics tests at this point, but you never know. confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe PCS does.

So, I think they would be considered simple tears, or "rough areas" on the cover and graded accordingly.

Red

He had 5 Green River books in his Ebay store for awhile, but I guess 2 people paid through the nose for two of them. He has three left now, which as Red said are priced very high.

Of the 5, I think Red got one, the TTA, and Nikos got the other which -- and I'm not positive -- he eventually didn't get, but it wasn't relisted. Or something like that.

I believe the seller is very very flexible and isn't opposed to what some would consider lowball offers.

There was a bullet hole Spidey....13?...on eBay awhile back with a $175ish BIN on it that someone pounced on pretty quick. Board member I think. A few other memebers then lamented not noticing it first.

Considering the provenance, having bullet marked books is kinda neat. =)

hm. To buy one FF #25, or a TOS #39 CGC 4.0 and many early X-men to fill my run? Just saying....a bit pricey dontcha think...

Way overpriced.

I posted due to it being a key, not a great bagin. 27_laughing.gif

edit:

Sorry.

Misread that and thought you were looking for a TTA 39. blush.gif