• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider-Man Prices

129 posts in this topic

Well, the rumors ARE out there, but I think Jemas has pretty much put them to rest.

As far as the continuity glitches go, Quesada and Jemas have pretty much said that they don't care about having a completely coherent continuity, leaving it up to the writer to decide just how much they want to adhere to it, if at all.

But there hasn't been anything major enough YET to warrant a Crisis-like reboot of the entire line or further Ultimization. Marvel seems to be avoiding Ultimizing titles and preferring to revamp the regular MU book or character by shunting them over to Marvel Knights/Max for an upgrade.

Kev

CD4ever - you are so right about anyone else being able to replicate what I do. I never (seriously) claimed that I had the supreme grading eye. It is all luck with those 'crazy' sales and putting in what I feel is hard work, as I have no real background in sales or computers. Just trial and error ( a lot of those wink.gif ), a little self teaching, and good customer service.

You are right about my posting that DD based on the cover. A week before I sold that same book in probably better condition for $2 ungraded. It's all about timing and luck as to who sees your itema nd decides to buy it.

Eric- no prob. To each their own. I guess the fanboy in me connected with the UMTU series so much that I enjoyed or drooled, rather , just having all the writers and artists all on one book! I would love to get that one signed by all who contributed! What you saw as disjointed I saw as transition, yeah and the "revelation" about Peter's dad was done real nice!

BTW I am thoroughly repulsed by MANGA-style art on mainstream Marvel

books. It is a guaranteed way to keep me from buying their books.

HEAR HEAR HEAR!!! I am with you 100% on that. I quit collecting comics

for about 18 months in the late 1990s - I'm not sure which was the bigger

factor: (a) the ridiculously bad storylines or (b) the horrific manga-style

art by the likes of Joe Madureira, etc. Either way, I knew the combination of

the two would lead to those issues forever being unwanted and unloved by

collectors with taste.

Gene

Jemas came out recently to say that they did consider it Ultimizing the entire

line but decided against it....He says they have an overall publishing plan that

includes having different "lines" of product.

I read the same interview...Jemas is right - best to cater to all the different tastes

out there. If they "Ultimatized" everything, I would probably only read 3 or 4 of the

revamped titles a month and drop everything else.

The only reason I am holding on to my sole copy of USM 1 is in case they lose

their minds and do Ultimatize everything...that's the only way I think that book is

going to hold its current value, though.

Gene

I am new on these boards so bare with me on this.....

In reference to the Ultimates #4 auction link, You have got to be kidding me ! People are paying that much for a comic that was on the shelf a few months ago. That is over 17 times cover price. Plastic is nice and all but come on. You could buy some really sweet back issues for that.

Thanks for letting me get that out.

Such is the NWO - NEW WORLD ORDER! CAN YOU DIG IT? SUCKA! grin.gif

BTW, I'm not the one paying for this book and if you can, please come up with a CGC 9.8 graded copy of this book and I'll pay you cover price plus grading cost plus shipping in a snap!

I definately knew that you were the one selling and not bidding, so I hope the "you" in my post was not mistakenly pointed toward Darthdiesel. I meant it in the generic sense of everyone and anyone out there. Does that make any sense?? Probably not.

Anyway, I salute you for being the one selling it. That is the joy of capitalism, sell them what they want at the highest price they will pay....plus shipping. You are right, I probably could not come up with one myself. But if I could I would definately list it on eBay or solicit the advice of the more informed that are on this board. I was just a little surprised by it because I spend my eBay time looking at older comics so I am out of touch with the new modern comic listings.