• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Microbia said:

Just back from CGC today, here are the golden age goodies.  The My Secret Marriage 1 came back as “Canadian edition“ but I thought they were all printed in Canada anyway. The back cover has both the USA & Canada address on its ad.

2BED2A84-6688-4935-973D-646BAB9459A3.jpeg

:headbang: Very nice!!

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Robot Man said:

Only one I harvest seen. Picked it up at a “trunk sale” I think they are called in London while on vacation years ago.

Wouldn't that be called a car boot sale.

Edited by BB-Gun

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, SuperBird said:

Awesome! Is that 24 to 70-something complete? 

Actually, it's only my non-slabbed Actions. I have 1 to 100 (Superman-only covers).  I may just leave most of these ones in picture un-slabbed, still love thumbing thru them from time-to-time.

@Mr.TawkyTawny Are you psyched for the SHAZAM movie after the trailer that dropped today? Methinks i need to start trying to re-acquire many of the Fawcetts i used to own now before April of next year? hm

I got totally blown out of the water on the Wow #10 auctioned by Hakes recently. I was at work, but when i did check in and place maybe 3 to 4 bids it was obvious the high  bidder most likely had on it what would require a 'nuclear' bid from me to take it. That has been a grail of mine for years! And it always seems to slip through my fingers on the rare occasion one does pop up. As i feel Master Comics #23 is the Cap Jr. cover, Wow #10 is the Mary Marvel cover.

2 hours ago, sagii said:

@Mr.TawkyTawny Are you psyched for the SHAZAM movie after the trailer that dropped today? Methinks i need to start trying to re-acquire many of the Fawcetts i used to own now before April of next year? hm

I got totally blown out of the water on the Wow #10 auctioned by Hakes recently. I was at work, but when i did check in and place maybe 3 to 4 bids it was obvious the high  bidder most likely had on it what would require a 'nuclear' bid from me to take it. That has been a grail of mine for years! And it always seems to slip through my fingers on the rare occasion one does pop up. As i feel Master Comics #23 is the Cap Jr. cover, Wow #10 is the Mary Marvel cover.

Majorly psyched for the Shazam! Movie, no confirmation from today's trailer but I'm still praying DC Films are not turning Mary Marvel into a 40-year-old MILF. 

You Sir have great taste in art as the cover of Master Comics #23 is also my preeminent favorite Fawcett cover and have a framed poster of it on my wall I admire the art so much it's my Mona Lisa.  Talking about missing out on auctions, an original art re-creation of the classic cover by C.C. Beck that once sold in 2008 at Heritage came back up for auction again in 2009.  I was working in Europe at the time and didn't know about it until a year after the fact.  Would have loved to have this van Gogh on my wall instead of a giclée print. (worship)

1512618288_C.C.Beckre-creationartMC23.jpg.e39e647860ce7af4abb7ebcacc9e3b92.jpg

9 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Majorly psyched for the Shazam! Movie, no confirmation from today's trailer but I'm still praying DC Films are not turning Mary Marvel into a 40-year-old MILF. 

You Sir have great taste in art as the cover of Master Comics #23 is also my preeminent favorite Fawcett cover and have a framed poster of it on my wall I admire the art so much it's my Mona Lisa.  Talking about missing out on auctions, an original art re-creation of the classic cover by C.C. Beck that once sold in 2008 at Heritage came back up for auction again in 2009.  I was working in Europe at the time and didn't know about it until a year after the fact.  Would have loved to have this van Gogh on my wall instead of a giclée print. (worship)

1512618288_C.C.Beckre-creationartMC23.jpg.e39e647860ce7af4abb7ebcacc9e3b92.jpg

Very nice! Well they say the third times the charm. :wishluck:

On July 13, 2018 at 3:16 PM, BB-Gun said:

I like adding CC 6 to my group of Comic Cavalcades.  The salvage ads by the main characters.makes it special.

28521527387_d58d2631a7_b.jpg

I'm not a big DC GA guy anymore, but I have a soft spot for these too. I like the characters, the holiday and other themed covers and love holding these fat books with stiff covers. Just look at these!

18 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Always thought this would be a fun run to put together. Feldstein could tell a story that the viewer could identify with. No word balloons needed. 

D4D2F38C-DC84-47C8-8FB6-652E180C97BD.jpeg

Always has been one of my favorite runs in comics. Feldstein was a master. The art and stories on the inside are every bit as good as the covers. A crime to slab them. So glad I got mine many years ago when they were under the radar and affordable. Highly recommended as is Sunny by Al.