• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

On July 11, 2017 at 5:11 PM, lpsunburst said:

IMG_2596.JPG

That is quite a tough group to put together. Congrats on your patience! The thing about them and Fox in general to me though is they are kind of inconsistent cover wise. This is a perfect example. The first 5 and the last 5 all have outstanding covers. The ones in the middle just kind of leave me flat. The last 5 are so very cool and super tough. I'll bet they were close to last on the list when putting this awesome run together...

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That is quite a tough group to put together. Congrats on your patience! The thing about them and Fox in general to me though is they are kind of inconsistent cover wise. This is a perfect example. The first 5 and the last 5 all have outstanding covers. The ones in the middle just kind of leave me flat. The last 5 are so very cool and super tough. I'll bet they were close to last on the list when putting this awesome run together...

Thanks Bob, i will post them all individually in the Fox forum pretty soon. You are quite right about the covers, very similar to the Fantastic run, in Weird you have a streak of very similar covers featuring the Dart and Fantastic has a streak of very similar covers featuring Samson. Both runs begin and close with really great over the top covers.

On 5/23/2013 at 3:28 PM, circumstances said:

my first attempt at a group shot. some of the centaurs i've brought over to the house. maybe a dc group shot next, if this comes out ok:

dggilanoec1lofyfg.jpg

On 7/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, circumstances said:

A Centaur group I posted several years ago.

Beautiful!

Given the circumstances (:smirk:), how did you take the photo? On phone or real camera? The image is so crisp. Now that Photobucket is dead, I'm at a bit of a loss...

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Beautiful!

Given the circumstances (:smirk:), how did you take the photo? On phone or real camera? The image is so crisp. Now that Photobucket is dead, I'm at a bit of a loss...

Pay up, you cheapskate! :baiting:

21 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Beautiful!

Thanks! I think I used my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) then uploaded the image to Mediafire.

6 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Ah memories - this was my Green Lantern quad pride-and-joy, but unfortunately I no longer own the AA16.

GLquad.png

Whoa!  That's a heck of a group shot.  

52 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

How about we go halfsies? Then it will only cost us $200 each, per annum. Or 20 of us could go in on at $20 each.

Luckily, I upgraded to their lowest paid sub a year or more ago (maybe $50 a year?).  So I think I'm grandfathered in until Dec. 2018.  My hope is that they will have lowered their price by then. 

19 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Ah memories - this was my Green Lantern quad pride-and-joy, but unfortunately I no longer own the AA16.

GLquad.png

What a great group Steve!!! Too bad about the 16... I always hate the "no longer own" statement... We ALL have them.  Is the 17 the World's Fair issue?

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

While cleaning up my files, I found this. Giant Comics Editions near complete run. Missing an Abbie & Slat and a Terry Toons I believe. Boy, some of these are tough...

comgiantcomicseditionsrun.jpg

I need to find a Canadian edition of that diary secrets :x

20 hours ago, sacentaur said:

GLquad.png

Beautiful