• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You have got to be kidding... Ghost Rider Movie Pic!!

18 posts in this topic

i thought this was funny. found a "pic" of Ghost Rider makeup and prosthesis for the upcoming movie. grlg.jpg

now lest any of you think i am kidding, go to www.superherohype.com and you will find links to all kinds of super hero movies and info. if this is how its gonna look, i am selling!!

or

Whitesnake rules

or

Eddie's (Iron Maiden Mascot) blind date

proceed how you will

As I mentioned down in Marketplace forum. They've done preliminary for make up and such. Jon Voight is producing it and is supposedly thinking about casting himself as the villain. This might be a very "duh" comment, but here's betting this movie sucks.

Brian

Man, that looks like an anorexic Twisted Sister!

Hoo-boy, can't wait for this next round of ultra-cheap, ultra-crappy Marvel movies designed to cash in on their current popularity.

This might be a very "duh" comment, but here's betting this movie sucks

WHAT... with Axl Rose as the ghost Rider you think this movie will suck??!!?

(that is Axl Rose... right)

ooopss never mind

Man, that looks like an anorexic Twisted Sister!

Hoo-boy, can't wait for this next round of ultra-cheap, ultra-crappy Marvel movies designed to cash in on their current popularity.

I hope to god that's not what there gonna do. Rush any comic related movie out without regard for quality.. just to cash in. Why can't they just take their time and do a good job?. Better yet why sell the rights unless the producers have the desire to make a quality movie.

If the Ghost Rider has hair instead of flames... he won't seem "unreal" enough.

I hope the preliminary look of the "Puny-sir" (very funny BTW) and GR are just very rough and preliminary looks that will undergo much improvement. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif I hate to see them stop making the quality comic movies because others rushed [!@#%^&^] out and spoiled the run. 893frustrated.gif

It could be possible that they needed some sort of red colored stuff so to use to create the CGI flames?

I mean it's not like they're gonna put a mask on the guy dip it in kerosene and light it on fire.. tongue.gif

Brian

I mean it's not like they're gonna put a mask on the guy dip it in kerosene and light it on fire..

Well thats what we used to do for our Fraternity's "Ghost Rider night" parties.

worked ok for us

and michael Jackson

Delta Sigma Phi. At Thiel college in the now Bankrupt town of Greenville Pa. we only had 4 houses and no Tekes. but a bunch used to come and visit us from Clarion college (closer to Pittsburgh) as one of our brothers and a bunch of their brothers were good friends. nice guys. not much at the old kerosene and Ghost Rider parties tho 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

BTW, I mention greenville as most folks have had contact with the town (albeit unknowingly). the Greenville steel car company used to manufacture a large portion of train cars used by the major railways in the early and mid 1900's. later (in the 80s) the plant shut down due to low demand and what not. now the college supports the town economy (sad enough to think a 1000 person school supports any type of town) and it is one of those grungy ex-prosperous steel type towns you see on TV, like youngstown (another town i am very familiar with living about 15 miles from this huge slum, once the per capita murder capital of USA)

just a little geography lesson in my world. did you go to school in Iowa?

Yep I went to school in Iowa. Unfortunately my chapter got shut down by the University 3 1/2 years ago due to hazing and having illegal parties in the house (dry campus).

Brian

Yep I went to school in Iowa. Unfortunately my chapter got shut down by the University 3 1/2 years ago due to hazing and having illegal parties in the house (dry campus).

Brian

Sounds wild... why is it that whenever I think "Teke" I think of the old saying:

"If you can't go Greek, go Teke, and if you can't go Teke, go home"? wink.giftongue.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifstooges.gif

It looks like a real preliminary concept piece. Something to basically convery in 3-d an iodea, but unless these folks are running a crack house, that face will evolve considerably. This happens a lot in film. There comes a point when simple drawings have to give way to the initial 3-D trials.

Yeh, there's a saying for every fraternity. Delta OopsIjoined the wrong fraternity, Pi Phi for Gays (mostly referring to the fact that Pi Phi is more known as a girls sorority)..even some for Sororities..Gamma Phi Beta..Jamma Vibrata..yada yada yada. I don't think people actually use those anymore and if they do..I don't want to know them tongue.gif

Brian

It looks like a real preliminary concept piece. Something to basically convery in 3-d an iodea, but unless these folks are running a crack house, that face will evolve considerably. This happens a lot in film. There comes a point when simple drawings have to give way to the initial 3-D trials.

I am with you on this. I am guessing that the ghost rider will be totally CGI, and they just use this for the actors to get into the roles, and to have something to put the CGI over. This is like what they did with JarJar if you look at the "making of" video. They had the actor run around in a funky set of tights with an awful JarJar mask that fit like a hat over his head. Then they put the CGI creation over it.

Yup. I'll pick us up tickets, Joe. laugh.gif Good old Hollywood! Told you guys they wouldn't let me down.

Chris

Better yet why sell the rights unless the producers have the desire to make a quality movie.

The problem is, that Marvel has already sold off most prime character rights when the company was bankrupt, and therefore can't pick and choose which studios and producers to use.

I'll wait and see how good/bad GR and Puny-sir turn out to be, but the license situation is certain to produce some real tankers.