• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

where are the spideys #400-441 in 9.8???

53 posts in this topic

It's not that they're rare it's that due to noone taking the initiative to submit these books, there's a lack. Whether you believe it or not, there's completionists out there willing to pay a lot just to get a 9.8 of these books for the sheer purpose of filling out their collection. Of course, once a few people take the initiative, the masses will start submitting these books thinking they're going to turn 20-30 bucks on them. While these books won't be rare by any means, I still think they'll be tough in 9.8 or better similar to ASM 300.

Brian

i do agree that 9.8s are pretty hard.......in any age.

but Im confident they are out there for this period of Spideys.

but 9.8 is seting the bar pretty high since its real hard to see the difference at that end of the CGC eye...Im not sure they can either....

Ok so you can stop saying the same thing as me only qualifying it differently. In a nutshell,

401-441 not a lot of submissions

Early submitters will get decent return on $$$ for higher grade books (9.8's?)

After time, everyone will be submitting these and the price will dip

9.8's of this time period will be harder to find, but not rare or real htf

Brian

It's not that they're rare it's that due to noone taking the initiative to submit these books

I really can't understand how this is so difficult to grasp. I'm sitting on a stack of prime Bronze Age material and even I'm a bit hesitant to start sending it in due to the high grading fees, shipping costs, wait time, etc. and someone thinks these ASM 400+ issues have better odds of turning a profit?

Excuse me....

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

yea, the profit margin for these books right now is there but very low. I bet only individuals will submit not shops. Why should they when there are still a ton of bronze out there waiting to be graded. On top of that, there are still many moderns that are taking precedence over these issues. Like myself for instance, Im still trying for hard to find 9.8 issues like spec spider-man 127,131,133 (Plug) grin.gif .But they will get around to these eventually

i think you will see a few people get some of them graded because there is definitley some interest.i know in the past when i have asked about comics on these boards either someone already has it and sells to me or i start seeing more out there.i remember when i needed amaz #324 in cgc 9.8 and for the life of me could not find it and i started a thread about it and a few months later there were A LOT of them.not sure if it was just because of the thread but i think it helped. wink.gif

hey izzy,i have the die cut cover in 9.8. does the regular cover not have the tombstone on it?the only 2 covers i remember are the die cut and the white limited cover.i just got back a few comics from mile high and i could not belive it,but i think amaz#417 i think thats it and its in perfect condition and should get a 9.8 pretty easy 893crossfingers-thumb.gifbut you never know.how many of the #400 cgc 9.8 white covers have you seen?i saw one about a year ago laugh.gif

Hey Robb - ASM 400 has 3 covers - the two die cut covers (white and grey) and the regular cover - not die cut. I've got one in 9.6 (I originally bought it and thought it was 9.8, but I was wrong). I've never seen a white die-cut cover or the regular cover in 9.8. IMO the reg cover will be hard to find as not many people really care about it. It's hard trying to find these 400 issues in 9.8. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif