• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grade these books

9 posts in this topic

Hi All. I'm looking to sell some of my higher grade books and I'll looking for opions on what CGC made grade these books to see if it's worthwhile to have them graded. Actually, I'd even consider selling them raw so that they don't come back with banged corners from shipping them in the CGC case and having them shift in the loose cases. Please give me your opinions as to what CGC would grade these at not what the guys with microscopes and magnifying glasses would grade them at (you know, real NM books and forum members would say it looks like a f/vf).

Thanks

Tod

PS pictures to follow shortly thanks to a helpful forum member web hosting for me (somebody PM me with a free hosting site and instructions on how to "paste" these pictures if somebody doesn't mind)

From the looks of the scans, without back cover, seeing page quality etc, the books look structurally pretty nice.

I would go with a 9.2 on the TOS and a 9.4 on the Iron Man.

But on the Iron Man, it's tough to see the fine detail of the edges, but the books look nice from what I can see.

Hard to say from the pics... but I can't spot anything in the way of flaws on the front covers. Sweeeeeet books.

I'd think 9.4 or better for each of them if the back covers are the same condition as the front, and if the pics (vs a very clear scan) aren't obscuring obvious flaws.