Comic book Clocks
1 1

129 posts in this topic

1,842 posts

TTA 60 is a tough one becasue the cover layout doesn't really lend itself to a round image for a clock. I'll give it a shot, do you have a second choice ?

1,842 posts

Here is one of my top 20 favorite covers of all time, MORE FUN 64.

morefun64.jpg Now taking your submissions for your favorite covers, 20.00 plus 7.00 shipping.

1,842 posts

HI Korvac Saga, the Strange Tales 114 looks promising. The characters are positioned pretty good and WOW, what a cool cover. I'll get back to you here on that one.

In fifth grade (1980-81), I remember charishing my copy of Strange Tales 113. It was one of the few early Marvels I owned as a kid.

5,769 posts
HI Korvac Saga, the Strange Tales 114 looks promising. The characters are positioned pretty good and WOW, what a cool cover. I'll get back to you here on that one. <p>In fifth grade (1980-81), I remember charishing my copy of Strange Tales 113. It was one of the few early Marvels I owned as a kid.

Aahh, the first Plantman!! Great book. My first ST was #112 so we share consecutive taste!!

1,842 posts

I'm still working on the ST 114, I've put about 3 hours into it and it's almost there, in the meantime, I finished up this classic MATT FOX cover to CHILLING TALES....Fox was a really cool artist who reminds me in a way of WOLVERTON, however he hardly did any comic covers. He did do about a dozen WEIRD TALES pulps covers in the late 40's and early 50's.

Untitled-1.jpg

37,595 posts

Is there are a reason why you're sticking with "crusty old fogey covers", rather than more current, and potentially more popular, ones? Is it a legality thing?

1,842 posts

NO reason really, I just like the old school covers. Give me a few suggestions.

37,595 posts
NO reason really, I just like the old school covers. Give me a few suggestions.

No real suggestions, I was just thinking that a clock with ASM 129, Hulk 181, GS X-Men #1, etc. might not be a bad seller.

1,842 posts
Man, this was tough, I spent about 3.5 hours on this one. I think it turned out decent. It went from this.....
aast114.jpg
TO THIS...
st114.jpg

1,720 posts

Forgive me if this has already been explained, but are you selling any of these clocks? Or just manipulating the covers to fit into clock for display here?

Just that I'm interested in buying, dude!

1,720 posts
Forgive me if this has already been explained, but are you selling any of these clocks? Or just manipulating the covers to fit into clock for display here?

Just that I'm interested in buying, dude!

Nevermind, it helps to read the previous posts... insane.gif

12,027 posts

I have bought from him and they clock is a great addition to my collection.

23,497 posts

ya you betcha....I'll be buying one as soon as I decide what cover to request. Might even get a few.

Fun addition to the wall.

14,894 posts

I bought a clock from him with G.I. Combat #78 as the picture and let me tell you it looks great!

1,842 posts

Thanks for the nice words about the clocks guys. I really enjoy making them. Does anybody else have a favorite cover they would like to see on a clock face ?? Let me know.

24,854 posts
Thanks for the nice words about the clocks guys. I really enjoy making them. Does anybody else have a favorite cover they would like to see on a clock face ?? Let me know.

GL87 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

3,692 posts

So can you make one of my kids, If I give you the image?

1,842 posts
So can you make one of my kids, If I give you the image?
I sure can, I sent you a PM on the details involved in doing that.

1,842 posts

GL87

GL87, another classic cover....here is what I've got so far, just the main image outlined...do you want it cluttered with all the other stuff that's on the cover or would you like it minimal with just the word balloon and a starbust type background ?
gl87rough.jpg