• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #16 opinions......

19 posts in this topic

VF/NM, that's a great cover. Have been looking all over for a 9.2 either people don't have this book for sale or they aren't submitting to CGC cause I can't find it frown.gif

Brian

No doubt that its a real beauty. However, I cant call it a NM copy. Not with the minor crease on the top right and the very small creases on the spine. I think its just enough to knock it down to 8.5. There is always the chance of 9.0 from CGC because it is very borderline. IMHO.

Assuming the back cover is as nice as the front, I'd say CGC 9.2 on average, with the outside shot at a 9.0 if the grader is in a bad mood.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

Nope......it's not in my possesion yet.....I just bought and paid for it. This was the seller's scan. I posted this thread to help me decide whether I was going to buy it or not.

Yep. I'm probably going to send it in sometime in the next couple of months. If it gets a 9.2, I'll probably keep it. Like you said, this book is extremely tough to find. This is the first above-VF copy I've seen.

You should go check out Heritage's past auctions..they sold a 9.4 and a 9.6, the 9.4 went over $1200, and it looks slightly overgraded. Go check it out.

Yeah..I know about the ones on Heritage. That 9.4 was bad, but I still bid it up to 900 dollars. :\

I'd like a 9.2 as well, would love a 9.4 but won't go over 900 for it. 15 is extremely hot for one reason or another in 9.2-9.4

I'm surprised at how available this title is in certain issues but near impossible in others.

Brian

Pre-#20 Avengers books are mostly pretty tough to come by in super high grades. Raw is virtually impossible, and you'll rarely see graded copies up above 9.2 depite the census. Collectors are holding them. I know one collector who has an incredible run from #1-#50 and he's not selling for a long time. mad.gif