• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman # 9 YAY!

3 posts in this topic

My girlfriend surprized me with a present today. Behind my back she had gone on ebay and had bidded on a copy of a VOl. 1 Amazing Spider-man #9, and had won it for 10 bucks +shipping.

Hearing how much it cost her, I wasn't suprized to see the condition of the cover as poor. Though the cover and the back cover were intact....the front cover from the middle to the top are missing.

What really suprized me was when I lookd at the inside. This book on the inside does not look like it's almost 40 years old. It looked like one of my F to VF 1980s Uncanny X-men comics.

I just know if this front cover were still whole this comic would be a Fine at least, maybe even a Very fine.

I just started collecting Silver Age stuff, and I'm happy to even have a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #9, but mannnnnnnnnnn if that cover were complete.

I've heard of marrying a comic, do any of you think it's worth trying to accomplish and if I succeed then getting it Slabbed for a restored grade?

If I tuned in this comic right now, would the comic get an overall grade of POOR because of the cover or would they give the inside a separate grade?

Thanks.

U might garner a poor+.

Never saw a double cover ASM 9 or untrimmed cover for the same. This week, there are some untrimmed silver age front covers only on sale under eBay's orig. comic art category (includes N Adams X-men). Unusual in that the one's that I have are front & back silver age Marvel covers on one sheet. Comic book sized & original 60s paper stock. gossip.gif

I've heard of marrying a comic, do any of you think it's worth trying to accomplish and if I succeed then getting it Slabbed for a restored grade?

It would probably get a "Qualified" grade - "Married Cover". Not a restored grade.