• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay member: KERMITSPADCOMICS

36 posts in this topic

my one transaction with him was OK. If I remember correctly, it was for a raw book (like a GA Thrilling or Exciting) listing on ebay that failed to get an opening bid. i emailed telling him I liked the book but it was priced to high even for a slab. He was pretty gracious and after my giving him my opinion of the true grade and reasonable price, he sold it to me. Nice guy, seemed into his business, but prob has a gap or two in his understanding of comics.

on this board or anyone dealt with them before???

Worst graders ever. EVER.

Even worse than Mile High? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doubt it..

Buy some "NM" books from Kermit and then get back to me.

893whatthe.gif Worse than Mile High..must be really bad then..

Last year I bought several late Bronze FFs from the "Rabbi Pedigree." They were all listed as 9.4s.

IIRC, 3 out of the 5 were probably 9.0/9.2s and 2 were borderline 9.4s. None were strong, no doubt 9.4s. That said, I would expect the same results from 90% of the other dealers out there.

They did send out an email some time ago explaining that they had re-graded all of their stock according to "today's stricter standards."

I would never buy from him again, bought a Tales of suspense 79 a few years ago sold as VF 8.0 and it was a VG/FN at best. He offered me a low partial refund which still left me worse off, but I reluctantly accepted as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

I would personally not buy from Kermitspadscomics again because of this, so i would say avoid - jmo

I've bought comics from both Kermit and Mile High, and Mile High disappointed me like no other it almost made me cry. I've never been back to either but recently I receive a message saying that I have all these "pad pennies" I can use toward a purchase so I may get something from Kermit just to use up their pennies.

Just look at Kermit's scans - there is no question of over-grading, it is very blatant and on display.

I've bought comics from both Kermit and Mile High, and Mile High disappointed me like no other it almost made me cry. I've never been back to either but recently I receive a message saying that I have all these "pad pennies" I can use toward a purchase so I may get something from Kermit just to use up their pennies.

I've known Kermit (his real name...)for decades.... I worked at an LCS he owned for a year or two back in the early 90's with a cool fellow named Richard who went on to open his own shop that's been in business for over 20 years. Kermit was one of the best bosses I ever worked for and setting up and going to shows with him was always fun. I think a good approach with him is to shoot him an offer based on what you feel the book is worth. His grading is probably more old school and evolved when books were much cheaper and grading only impacted value(and price...) by a small amount. I do know he isn't trying to purposely rip anyone off.... he would sincerely believe his grade is accurate. I spoke with him several years ago and talked him into setting up at a local Richmond show.... but unfortunately, Mark Nathan was running a 50% off sale on wall books and I just couldn't escape the gravitational pull of his booth. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I get emails from Kermits Pad all the time so I assume that I have dealt with them. Nothing negative comes to mind so I am assuming I had a decent experience in dealing with them.