• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 52 Thread

43 posts in this topic

I am been very disapointed with it so far and have decided to cut my loses and run on the series now.

I do not think it is going to happen but DC should just cancel that %$^%$ book now!

Well, #4 isn't all that bad. Spoiler Alert!!! Highlight below to see.

Booster is turning out to be a real 893censored-thumb.gif Renee and Question stumbled upon an alien(or a mutated Killer Croc pretty hard to tell). Steel is hallucinating. And Ralph Dibny, well he is in a whole nother place. To me, I think the pace is just starting to pick up. I am almost tempted to recommend that people should wait for the first 10 and pick them up as a run on Ebay on the cheap.

Well, #4 isn't all that bad. Spoiler Alert!!! Highlight below to see.

Booster is turning out to be a real 893censored-thumb.gif Renee and Question stumbled upon an alien(or a mutated Killer Croc pretty hard to tell). Steel is hallucinating. And Ralph Dibny, well he is in a whole nother place. To me, I think the pace is just starting to pick up. I am almost tempted to recommend that people should wait for the first 10 and pick them up as a run on Ebay on the cheap.

That really doesn't sound any better than what we've read in 1-3.

#4 wasn't bad but there was nothing special about it. Before I read the spoilers, I could not remember what happened in the book and it was the last one I read last night.

I had to sit and think to remember what happened in it as well. I think there is an inherent problem with the format. They should drop story lines and come back to them. For example, run Ralph and Renee's story line one week. Run Booster and Steele's the next etc. I think, it would help make the reading experience more enjoyable. Otherwise, it is trying to do too many things at once. Since they have been consistent with the History of the DC Universe Story, that has been probably the best part of the books.

The highlight of the first three was Black Adam for me. I'm in for the long haul just because I really enjoy a weekly comic. I don't mind the storyline bouncing because I know that it will be added to in a week or two.

The highlight of the first three was Black Adam for me.

Yup, I have no idea who he is (Marvel Zombie), but he's been the best part of the series so far.

Black Adam is great. Properly handled, he could be the next Wolverine.

He did rip that dude apart, which was pretty cool. However, has anyone in the DCU done anything like that before the Sentry ripped Carnage in half in New Avengers?

Ummm, am I the only one but I really don't know what is going on in the DCU since the aftermatch of Crisis

That's the entire point of this 52 issue series is to explain whats going on.

Still not sure I'm a fan, I won't get to read 5 for another couple weeks.