• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Sgt. Rock vs the Grim Reaper? It happened in France....at least it happened on this cover to Brulant #15, shown here as the original cover art. Brulant would take covers from DC issues and paint them for their covers-a handful of SSWS dinosaur covers received this treatment. I haven't found a copy of the issue yet, so I'm not sure what issue this is supposed to be reprinted from. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg

That's very cool! :applause:

On 5/13/2017 at 10:36 PM, IngelsFan said:

Sgt. Rock vs the Grim Reaper? It happened in France....at least it happened on this cover to Brulant #15, shown here as the original cover art. Brulant would take covers from DC issues and paint them for their covers-a handful of SSWS dinosaur covers received this treatment. I haven't found a copy of the issue yet, so I'm not sure what issue this is supposed to be reprinted from. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

image.jpeg

It was taken from the splash page of Our Army at War #188.

Edited by creaturefan95

Hey gents,

Passed my old LCS today, and saw this on the wall. Couldn't resist. First one in a looooong time, but can you blame me?

Not high grade by any stretch, but it's solid and the price was right. One of my top 10 for sure...

Hope all are well,

Shep

GIC78_zpsjmwz4xyn.jpeg

Edited by Bigfiver691

21 hours ago, Bigfiver691 said:

Hey gents,

Passed my old LCS today, and saw this on the wall. Couldn't resist. First one in a looooong time, but can you blame me?

Not high grade by any stretch, but it's solid and the price was right. One of my top 10 for sure...

Hope all are well,

Shep

GIC78_zpsjmwz4xyn.jpeg

Awwwwww yeahhhhh! Shep's back in the game!!!

. . .and getting things started with a book to end all books, I see.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:26 PM, Bigfiver691 said:

Hey gents,

Hope all are well,

Shep

GIC78_zpsjmwz4xyn.jpeg

Love to hear local comic shop finds like this- aren't to many things better! Congrats!

Thanks gents. I don't know if this qualifies for 'back in the game', but it was a real pleasure bring this little gem home and thumbing through it.

As for these new-look boards, I have to say that I like them. The notifications are great.

Shep