• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12 copies of Hulk 181 cgc graded

26 posts in this topic

Why would anyone sell that many copies of the same issue in 1 listing? screwy.gif

Not the way I would have done it but maybe the guy was hoping the run-up in prices on the issue would continue, has seen the error of his ways, and is trying to dump them hoping the X-Men 3 movie will help move them...

Jim

That's one expensive grading reference set.

That's what I was thinking....

I need to buy myself a GA/SA/BA/Modern grading reference set of a random cheap issue with a nice cover. 27_laughing.gif

That would be if I could find more than a handful of any GA book in slabs....SA,BA, Modern would be pretty easy up through 9.4

You're grading is perfect. Don't change a thing! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Anyway i asked him earlier if he would sell the 9.0 and this was his response:

"hi, sorry, i have had many offers already for this set. so i will not be breaking it up. thanks for your interest!"

Why would someone build a grading reference set out of books like that. In addition why wouldn't he get a 3.0 2.5 2.0 1.8 1.5 and 1.0 those should have been so cheap. Plus why stop at 9.0 why not at least go to 9.2 And that opening bid is crazy

Why would someone build a grading reference set out of books like that. In addition why wouldn't he get a 3.0 2.5 2.0 1.8 1.5 and 1.0 those should have been so cheap. Plus why stop at 9.0 why not at least go to 9.2 And that opening bid is crazy

My guess is that he likes the book and hoped he could at least get his money back. Few BA books would remotely justify the slabbing costs of mid-low grade copies, and if he was buying them slabbed ( as I suspect)- difficult to find CGC graded in the lower grades. He may have been uninterested in grades below VG ( and only picked up the 3.5 because it's an SS book), and grades above 9.0 might have been too expensive.

While it's sort of interesting to see the range of grades on the same book laid out like that - the logic of a reference set makes little sense - too many variables go into a given grade for any one slabbed copy to be a comprehensive representative of the grade.

I seem to remember someone on here posting that he wanted a full set of CGC Hulk 181 copies, from 1.0 to 9.6. I recall he had quite a few, but hadn't gone above 9.0 due to the cost?

Is this is the same guy?

who says he sent the books in to be graded? fact is on some books like this a lower grade CGC copy might be cheaper than a raw (likely overgraded) copy.

A nice VG 181 is worth enough to get graded by the $75-$100+ standard a lot of people use, just not sure that getting it graded is worth the fee in terms of added value.

I seem to remember someone on here posting that he wanted a full set of CGC Hulk 181 copies, from 1.0 to 9.6. I recall he had quite a few, but hadn't gone above 9.0 due to the cost?

Is this is the same guy?

I had the same thought! I say odds are pretty good it's the same guy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is GPA on all these? I would venture maybe half or a 10-20% more than half.

$4986.05 Avg All Sales

Considering there are numerous sales in all categories (23 in sig series 3.5) screwy.gif This would be the easiest set on the planet to amass IMO. You could probably do it within a 2 week window at any given point during the year. insane.gif

I used to have a 'grading set' of X-MEN 108. 8.0-9.6

As mentioned above, 1 example of any grade isn't representative...but I had 3 9.2s, 2 9.4s & 4 9.6s insane.gif

You got any of them left? poke2.gif