• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2019 at 1:57 PM, Robot Man said:

Damn Gino, I don’t know how you keep coming up with beauties like this rarity? I never see this stuff for sale any more...

thanks RM!! hehe that’s not mine though it belongs to our boy @lpsunburst 😊 I do however own a copy of this awesome book picked it up from our friend @skypinkblu and it still resides in my humble low grade Fox collection where it will remain till the end of time haha!! 

AB8CAC86-6CA9-40EB-A7F0-DBFB50FD03DB.jpeg

:bump:

Just in time for the end of the CL Auction earlier this evening.

Anybody here the lucky winner or even luckier consignor of the Weird's, especially since 2 of them seem to have done relatively well from a pricing point of view:

RAD6EA572019729_164627.jpg

RAD0B5F92019729_165518.jpg

Looks like the Weird 3 went for a bit north of $4K, while the Weird 4 managed to fetched $4,777.  :applause:

That still works out to more than double the price for what the Berk copies managed to fetched for both of those books in CGC 7.0 graded condition.  :whatthe:   :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:
On 8/28/2019 at 8:59 PM, lou_fine said:

Looks like the Weird 3 went for a bit north of $4K, while the Weird 4 managed to fetched $4,777.  :applause:

Good to know Dean, thanks - I have Larson on both those books. :cloud9::cloud9:

Steve;

Well, I can certainly tell you with 110% full confidence that your Larson copies would go for multiples of what these 2 copies sold for.  (thumbsu

Especially with the Larson pedigree designation plus we also know that you definitely have the eyes for picking out exceptional looking copies with vibrant eye popping colors that are hard to beat!!!  :cloud9:

fox covers are weirdly, fantastically wonderful.  they had it down to a science.  but they blue it when they allowed lou and joe to get away; how they let that happen is a mystery to me.  who in the world was responsible for that faux pas?

weird3_1.jpg

fantastic4.jpg

wondercomics2.jpg

science.jpg

bb2.jpg

mysterymen10.jpg

ww6_jpg.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man