• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Drgoldage said:

As a boy loved any story about robots , carried over to comic books and picked this fox up from original owner collection 1990s

C9968002-EDDC-48B4-A621-98A59ED39ABC.jpeg

..Methinks the Fox Thread is back in a very big way (worship) (worship)

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Wonder how Fishler missed this one?

Lol Stephen never saw this one, a man’s son around 1990 was offering nearly seventy comics Of his dad’s comics from the late 1930s and through early 1940s examples from all the major players this was one of several standouts . I bought them all no way I could resist .

10 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Picked up a number of fox first issues when the Windy City collection came out  thought the dynamic Fantastic 1 stood out and tucked it away 

0FD794CA-663C-436D-B0D4-1E119E0A9C7A.jpeg

I just love this cover. :luhv:

10 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

As a boy loved any story about robots , carried over to comic books and picked this fox up from original owner collection 1990s

That is just spectacular, if not Fantastic!! One of Lou Fine's best. What a tremendous copy. :angel:

The meticulous gorgeous detail that Fine applied to the gears, sprockets, and pulleys must have taken a very long time, much to the annoyance of his editor, who believed in deadlines. ;)

I do love the Fantastic 1 cover the details the composition and once again the vivid color astound . What I wouldn’t do to commission a cover by Lou fine himself unfortunately what 70 years to late ? I had looked for the Windy City Weird 1 first( another book with great composition and striking cover ) but Gary has already sold it , was delighted when halfway through his box I found the fantastic. 

11 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

A wonderful and smart pick-up indeed! Always been one of my favorites. Never bumped into a copy I could land...:sorry: