• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I am pretty happy with it, many of these books fall into the "take what you can get" category, for me at least.

lf.jpg

Great book.  I was in on it for a while. 

2 hours ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

This book in any grade is worth having. Mystery Men # 7 has always been a rare/scarce book that's for sure. I bought my copy 15 years ago maybe more. 

scan0005.jpg

we had time on our side (thumbsu

On 10/22/2018 at 5:42 AM, entalmighty1 said:
On 8/27/2018 at 1:37 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don't know what kind of person would pay so much for a really nice looking copy of a book that seems to virtually never come up to market (shrug)B|

I have become much more comfortable with restored books when it comes to the books that are just never available. Having a great looking 8.0 Larson Science 2 with some ct and a Mystery Men 10 7.5 with some work done I am perfectly happy. If Berk can enjoy those kinds of books I think I can. I had a pretty nice copy of this book before that I parted company with for 20k so getting this one for $4500 felt kinda cheap.

I simply love the fact that most people treat resto books like the plague.  Especially when it's just color touch, or a little glue.  You're telling me because some company (which clearly never makes mistakes) puts a different color label on something, it's worth a fraction of the same book that looks way worse?  I hope that mentality continues.

Well, I think those days are long gone as buyers now seem much more willing to pay up for affordable copies of either high dollar books or HTF books, just in order to acquire a copy that they otherwise would not be able to.  (thumbsu

I still remember picking up a nicely presenting slightly restored copy of Science Comics #1 at a huge discount to guide, figuring that I better do so since I would never be able to afford one in unrestored condition.  Should have picked up more of these restored books at the time since it looks like a lot of these are now going for well over condition guide prices.  Go figure that.  :takeit:

On 10/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, comicjack said:
On 10/23/2018 at 8:03 AM, PUNYHUMAN said:

This book in any grade is worth having. Mystery Men # 7 has always been a rare/scarce book that's for sure. I bought my copy 15 years ago maybe more. 

scan0005.jpg

we used to have had time on our side (thumbsu

FTFY

On 10/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, PUNYHUMAN said:

scan0005.jpg

Now, that's certainly a pretty sharp and nice looking copy that you was lucky and also astute enough to pick up once you saw it.  (thumbsu

Any guesses as to where this not the highest graded copy of Wonderworld 15 will end up at by the time it's all said and done tomorrow night:

RAD0FEB220181019_9295.jpg

Already at an astounding and surprising $7,300 with another almost full day to go.  :whatthe:

Especially surprising since the highest that Heritage was ever able to get was only $1,150 for the CGC 8.0 graded Larson copy way back in 2005.   :takeit:

Coupled with the fact that this could also end up beating the Jon Berk / Edgar Church highest graded CGC 9.0 copy which sold for only $8K about a year and half ago. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Any guesses as to where this not the highest graded copy of Wonderworld 15 will end up at by the time it's all said and done tomorrow night:

RAD0FEB220181019_9295.jpg

Already at an astounding and surprising $7,300 with another almost full day to go.  :whatthe:

Especially surprising since the highest that Heritage was ever able to get was only $1,150 for the CGC 8.0 graded Larson copy way back in 2005.   :takeit:

Coupled with the fact that this could also end up beating the Jon Berk / Edgar Church highest graded CGC 9.0 copy which sold for only $8K about a year and half ago. 

So you’re saying these Fox books are doing well 😊