• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 89

18 posts in this topic

Was home this afternoon for a short period for some personal business, anyways, I got this book from a national dealer as "NM". I'm probably sending it back as I think it's 9.0-9.2. Since the forum is kinda dead here as far as grading has been lately..I thought I'd get a quick scan of it before I left and post it. So here it is (warning big scan), btw the white specs on the book are on the scanner..somehow in the matter of 1 year my scanner went from pretty nice to pretty crappy.

ASM89.jpg

Flaws, the top staples has a stress mark where it enters at the top of the staple and at the bottom of the staple. It does break color both times but isn't as prominant as shown in the scan. There's a slight stress mark in the top bindary corner, however the corner is not blunted and the stress mark is extremely exagerated by the scan as the mark barely breaks color on the actual book. The lower bindary corner is squared, as are the other two non-bindary corners. The back cover is flawless, literally..squared corners, no spine marks, and off-white. Pages are about an OWL 7-8 or "cream to off-white"

Brian

9.0. or 8.5 on a bad day. The top right corner, and the breaks in the black area of the box are what kill it. Get a refund.

Now what dealer was this?

I bought this one from Metropolis. I have a couple other scans of a few raw books that I picked up. I'll post them soon. Got a little bored while I was home so I scanned a couple before heading back tongue.gif

Brian

9.0. or 8.5 on a bad day. The top right corner, and the breaks in the black area of the box are what kill it. Get a refund.

Now what dealer was this?

I agree with AndrewKnight. 9.0 with the posibility of an 8.5. I would need to see the exagerated creases to give you an exact #. Nice book either way. (except for the misrepresentation).

Dude, didn't you send 'em all back!?!? I feel all guilty when I do that, but back they went (well, maybe I kept one or two out of like 10). Sometimes it's better to forget these things... crazy.gif

Dude, didn't you send 'em all back!?!?

Nope, I kept the FF 129 and the Avengers 164-166 and (I think) an Avengers 196 that was just too sweet.

The rest (60-70% of the order) were really hilarious, and far worse than Chucky could ever do. I think you told me you had even worse luck with the Hulks.

who is JN, unless youd rather not say (since you abbreviated it in the first place but Im nosy)

Joe Nacca....fool! insane.gif

Based on the view I am seeing: VF+ 8.5.

If Metroplis sent it in a 9.4? Me an 8.0 restored with color touch!!

I sent books back to them, it happens. If you sent it to them to sell they would grade it as VF+