• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Dropped Titles" Thread

73 posts in this topic

This morning I've decided to drop:

1. New Excalibur - I love Juggernaut, but this is not Juggy at his best.

2. Testament - I enjoyed it at first, but lately its been a little boring.

3. Friendly Neighborhood Spidey - I'm a huge Spidey fan; I've been reading every monthly title, but this one is just too childish. 3 year olds could read it and understand it.

4. Young Avengers - Both the writing and the art has been great, but suddenly I realize that I'm not a fan of the characters. Plus, I've heard issue 12 is the last one anyway; I could be wrong.

Next on the list/in danger of being dropped:

All Star Batman & Robin

Need to make room for: Ghost Rider, Justice League of America

new avengers- just got bored of it all- never been a fan of team books and had seen enough of bendis's run to realize it wasn't as good as his stuff that i liked (powers)

next on list to go: mtu & catwoman- i like kirkman and pfeiffer but these books aren't doing it for me

about to be added: fear agent (if the 1-5 i just picked up are as good as people say)

All Star Batman & Robin - I can never remember the previous issue by the time the new one comes out.

Man-Bat - average at best

I have more but I cannot think right now.

On the bubble:

Ion - Kyle is my favorite GL but this is boring the hell out of me

4. Young Avengers - Both the writing and the art has been great, but suddenly I realize that I'm not a fan of the characters. Plus, I've heard issue 12 is the last one anyway; I could be wrong.

12 is the last issue of "Season 1". There will be a 4 issue Runaways/Young Avengers mini, then "Season 2" will start.

All Star Batman & Robin - I can never remember the previous issue by the time the new one comes out.

Man-Bat - average at best

Supergirl - krap

I have more but I cannot think right now.

On the bubble:

Ion - Kyle is my favorite GL but this is boring the hell out of me

Ultimate Spider-Man - Clones foreheadslap.gif

updated

I thought the Civil War tie-in was a good place to start reading X-force, but that darn comic was unreadable.

I stopped reading just "Batman" as soon as the 1-Year Later thing hit.

All of the X-men titles.

And whoever commented on the New Avengers is correct. I'm a fan of Bendis's work and have even pushed that title on these very boards, but the last 2 issues were very sub-par. If it doesn't get better soon I'm dropping it, but I'm giving it through Civil War.

Sensational & Friendly Neighorhood Spidey

Exiles

All of the Annihilation books (didn't get far into them)

Considering dropping 100 Bullets & all of the Green Lantern books. I'm pretty disappointed with Johns' work on the GL book.

Testament - Had great expectations. Lasted 4 issues and got real bored. The issues were okay but not enough to continue buying them.

Considering dropping Red Sonja. Too many mini series. The main series started strong enough but I'm losing interest. I really dislike when the main book and mini comes out on the same day for RS. Too bad they can't be evenly spaced.

I totally agree on New Avengers too. It has sucked for quite a long time. It might be me, but Wolverine just doesn't work on the team. Plus, the team has been stable since its' inception. Maybe that was the point, but it doesn't work well.

Ion hasn't been good since it started. I'm thinking #3 is my last issue. What a bummer.

I can't see myself picking up another 44 issues of 52. Might have been plausible if it was 26 and bi-weekly.

Pat

I purchased Moonknight 1 and 2. Passed on 3 today. Hawkgirl may or may not get dropped. I stopped buying Hawkman about issue 45 then started with Hawkgirl at issue 50.

I do have the first issue or two of quite a few minis. I'm going through my boxes this weekend to thin the herd a bit. Anyone interested in Howard the Duck or the recent Teen Titans series?

3. Friendly Neighborhood Spidey - I'm a huge Spidey fan; I've been reading every monthly title, but this one is just too childish. 3 year olds could read it and understand it.

I came to the same decision on this one yesterday.

about to be added: fear agent (if the 1-5 i just picked up are as good as people say)

I don't think you will be disappointed. It's by far one of the most entertaining reads around.

Gone: New Avengers - for every reason everyone else has stated. Had somewhat high hopes through the first story arc, but since then it has just gotten progressively worse.

Adding: Daredevil - read issue 82 last night, loved it. Brubaker is one heck of a good writer.