• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "Review Committee" discussion

170 posts in this topic

1361000-CommitteeHearing.jpg

So Mr. Halperin explain to the committee again how you lost that pedigree???? and just what is your relationship with Mr. Nelson? Do you personally know Mr. Ewart and have you ever done business with this man???? Do you have names of resubbers Mr. Halperin??? The committee would like a response Mr. Halperin!!!!!

Sorry, whenever I hear about committees investigating things I think of good ole Joe! This is not a commentary on the situation.

Please return to regular programming!

1361000-CommitteeHearing.jpg.7ccc6240bb56db18a30332b6e3737f6b.jpg

So,the "lost" Crowley pedigree,currently owned by the owner of CGC will have its Pedigree restored?This I will pay to see.

I made the call this morning.

Belly up there Bill . . . grin.gif

I didn't know it was a requisite to post my bio two-years ago when I established an account. poke2.gif

All kidding aside. The name is Mitch Jordan. I am what my moniker suggests. I trust you know what that is, having dealt with a particular cliental in your professional life. I was reading these boards long before I took the steps to create an account. I only have a handful of posts to my name because, quite frankly, I don't have the time to post in the manner which I'd like. When I do, it's because it is meaningful to me, as I hope it is to others. I have been a devoted hobbyist for over 36 years. The hobby, as it is to many here, is a part of my life. I have a closet full of that which is a part of me.

Some my presume I have a hard-on (read: vendetta) for CGC. However that may be, let the reader believe what the reader believes. I can assure you this, many parts of my life are wrapped in the product of their service, so I have a vested, long term interest. I will say this: I have been burned on more than one occasion and hate being taken advantage of. I thrive on nothing more than honesty and integrity, and honor is not a hollow word to me.

Hope this helps.

PS.

I do not know anyone personally or professionally on these boards, and that's to include the employees of CGC and/or the relatives thereof. If I do, it's by mere happenstance. I have communicated via email with one (or two I think) members before, but that is the extent of any relationship.

So,the "lost" Crowley pedigree,currently owned by the owner of CGC will have its Pedigree restored?This I will pay to see.

Meaning what?

That the book that was a former 8.5 but is now a 9.2 will be reslabbed in a blue holder,but the Crowley pedigree will be added?

Meaning what?

That the book that was a former 8.5 but is now a 9.2 will be reslabbed in a blue holder,but the Crowley pedigree will be added?

Yes, if and when it is sent in. I have already noted in the CGC data for this book that it is the Crowley copy.

Meaning what?

Yes, if and when it is sent in. I have already noted in the CGC data for this book that it is the Crowley copy.

Steve, In the future can you please call, and or write Shadroch asking him how to proceed with every decision you need to make. It will save alot of time

Thnx,

Ze-

P.S. Sorry Shad, I forgot this.... tongue.gif and this...poke2.gif

I didn't know it was a requisite to post my bio two-years ago when I established an account. poke2.gif

All kidding aside. The name is Mitch Jordan. I am what my moniker suggests. I trust you know what that is, having dealt with a particular cliental in your professional life. I was reading these boards long before I took the steps to create an account. I only have a handful of posts to my name because, quite frankly, I don't have the time to post in the manner which I'd like. When I do, it's because it is meaningful to me, as I hope it is to others. I have been a devoted hobbyist for over 36 years. The hobby, as it is to many here, is a part of my life. I have a closet full of that which is a part of me.

Some my presume I have a hard-on (read: vendetta) for CGC. However that may be, let the reader believe what the reader believes. I can assure you this, many parts of my life are wrapped in the product of their service, so I have a vested, long term interest. I will say this: I have been burned on more than one occasion and hate being taken advantage of. I thrive on nothing more than honesty and integrity, and honor is not a hollow word to me.

Hope this helps.

PS.

I do not know anyone personally or professionally on these boards, and that's to include the employees of CGC and/or the relatives thereof. If I do, it's by mere happenstance. I have communicated via email with one (or two I think) members before, but that is the extent of any relationship.

Hey Mitch, thanks for the info! It is an unfortunate fact that due to some issues that have become heated during the last 18 months or so that everytime someone new posts a critical post, or one that sounds intelligent (!), yet they have a very low post count and no bio info the antennas go up and cries of "SHILL, SHILL!" start happening.

The real unfortunate part as to why this happens is because too often it has been true. frown.gif

Glad to know that is not the case with you! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And you go ahead and be as critical as you need to be about CGC or anything else. I do the same. If people can't separate the fact that constructive criticism can be stated without being anti-whatever, I see that as their problem, not ours.

Keep the posts coming! thumbsup2.gif

Meaning what?

I don't understand why there is any IF in this. The book,previously an 8.5 now a 9.2, is in the ownership of the guy who owns CGC.It's not like the book is owned by a third party.It would show that CGC is committed to restoring the pedigree if it was done before the book is sold to someone who has no idea this used to be a 8.5.

I wrote "if" because I never know what people will do and don't want the boards to say I wrote something that did not happen. You do understand this happens when I post.......

That said, Robert emailed me and told me the book is on it's way to CGC.

I wrote "if" because I never know what people will do and don't want the boards to say I wrote something that did not happen. You do understand this happens when I post.......

That said, Robert emailed me and told me the book is on it's way to CGC.

thumbsup2.gif

Alright, so Steve has amply shown that not only is he willing to restore lost pedigrees, but also that he wants to do so and doesn't want to see them "lost."

Since I'm in favor of forming a group to help with this, I would still hope to see the group look at a readily-available photo database (rather than having to rely on whatever might happen to surface).

Even if CGC just posts everything to a database and the committee does all the work, that would seem workable to me, personally, as long as the data were available. The committee could decide for itself what to review or not review and could be as proactive as desired.

But Mark (?) raised another interesting issue -- tracking pressing. I think people would want it reported even if they didn't care about it. I.e., I'd buy a pressed book, but I'd want to know it had been pressed.

If the committee noticed that pressing had likely taken place, they could note what they observed; if they weren't sure, they'd say nothing.

Maybe we can be proactive without being "too aggressive."

Alright, so Steve has amply shown that not only is he willing to restore lost pedigrees, but also that he wants to do so and doesn't want to see them "lost."

Since I'm in favor of forming a group to help with this, I would still hope to see the group look at a readily-available photo database (rather than having to rely on whatever might happen to surface).

Even if CGC just posts everything to a database and the committee does all the work, that would seem workable to me, personally, as long as the data were available. The committee could decide for itself what to review or not review and could be as proactive as desired.

But Mark (?) raised another interesting issue -- tracking pressing. I think people would want it reported even if they didn't care about it. I.e., I'd buy a pressed book, but I'd want to know it had been pressed.

If the committee noticed that pressing had likely taken place, they could note what they observed; if they weren't sure, they'd say nothing.

Hey, the Committee can do anything it wants to do. Just because CGC doesn't want to know that type of info doesn't mean others would not want to and we can keep track of it on the boards, as we do now. thumbsup2.gif

I think the people involved in either panel(NOD, or COPR, "Committee of Pedigree Research" would report anything they see. Not just what happens to be their given task. But all and any nefarious goings on that need to be brought to the fore.

How it is dealt with remains to be seen.

(I am agreeing with you btw)

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

Okay, then these are all the names of folks that have been nominated:

Arexcrooke

AussieRuss

DiceX

Nearmint

Oldguy

Pedigreeman

Redhook

I have excluded from the above list someone who declined.

Would we be willing to amend the vote to send all the names to Steve?

Or are there some that do not want to be considered?

We could also add Jason E. and Matt N. to the list...oh, and hammer

(just kidding)

Arexcrooke

AussieRuss

DiceX

Nearmint

Oldguy

Pedigreeman

Redhook

Pedigreeman has opted out at this time.

Arexcrooke

AussieRuss

DiceX

Nearmint

Oldguy

Pedigreeman

Redhook

Pedigreeman has opted out at this time.

Since Alan is out, that leaves 6 people. I am fine with that and think that it is a good #. Do you (the boards) think this too much, too little, or just right? If so, let's make it formal and then you pedigree hunters can get to work poke2.gifflowerred.gif