Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
28 28

7,065 posts in this topic

This thread grew out of some discussions in the ASM 275 9.9 thread in Copper. It turns out a couple of us are working on complete ASM runs of varying lengths, and probably many others are too. I'll start...

I've been working on an ASM #1-64 run for many, many years now. (In a sense, it started with some SA Spideys I bought in the 1980s back when then were really cheap!... though I was much too unfocused as a collector back then to make any progress.) Always loved the title, loved the character and have a special fondness for the earlier Ditko issues.

In the last 5-6 years, mostly thanks to ebay, I've been chipping away at filling in issues I need. For the pricier keys, I've been staying in presentable 2.0-4.5 range due to budget, leaning more towards mid-to-high grades as I go later in the run.

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63! (Not sure if I'm willing to spend what it takes for #1 and #2, as I prefer to spend serious money on GA rather than SA books...but we shall see.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, feel free to discuss ASM runs you're working on (doesn't need to be "silver only"), how you collect, which issues you're still after, and of course, post 'em if you got 'em, guys! thumbsup2.gif

Here's a sweet Spidey #4 I picked up recently. It was tough to find a low-grade copy that presented as nicely as this one does. Fading of the cover reds and tanning can be a big problem with lower-grade #4s. Love this cover! cloud9.gif

asm4.jpg

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31 , 41, 46, 60 & 63!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi, Chris! I did see your #31 and it's very nice, but unfortunately it's just more than I'm looking to spend to fill in that issue. Appreciate the heads-up!

hi.gif Great idea Point Five!!!

Like I said in the other thread my personal ASM goal is to collect ASM 1-365.The less expensive books anywhere from VF at worst to NM/MT prefered.The keys and earlier issues I will settle for a VG with the more expensive ones G/VG.Books have to complete and unrestored.

I declare your goal...a worthy one! grin.gif

Hey, when time allows, why not post a list of the issues you still need. I suspect most of us are sitting on at least a few duplicate copies.

I declare your goal...a worthy one! grin.gif

Hey, when time allows, why not post a list of the issues you still need. I suspect most of us are sitting on at least a few duplicate copies.

Yes definately at least the ones I can afford right now.. tongue.gif

When I first got back into collecting, my goal was to collect all the Ditko Spidey issues. I was about half complete when I discovered Golden Age books, and I switched my collecting focus to GA. cloud9.gif I've since sold most of my Spideys, but I did keep a few of my favorite issues like this one:

ASM34.jpg

my ASM goal is to get AF 15 hail.gif and ASM 1 to 122 , 30 issues to finish but i don't have af15 asm 1 and asm 5 to 21 893whatthe.gif , but this is not my priority , af15 and asm1 prices are really frustrated.gif

here's my asm 2 to 4 ( pin up missing in issue 3 Christo_pull_hair.gif and nice tape job on issue 2 893censored-thumb.gif)

P1010028.jpg

Nice books!!!

Funny thing is that I have an Uncle that has 3 and 4 in NM and many key spideys in mid to high grade..Dammit

Nice books!!!

thank you mutantkey, my preferred issue of ASM is 23 , great cover and thumbsup2.gif story

Funny thing is that I have an Uncle that has 3 and 4 in NM and many key spideys in mid to high grade..Dammit

how old is he ?? 27_laughing.gif

Nice photo, CK! And a shame about the tape on #2, but it has a lot of positives going for it all the same. Great books.

Here's a few of my favorite Spidey's. laugh.gif

1370866-Spidey10CGC80.jpg

1370866-Spidey15CGC80.jpg

1370866-Spidey19CGC80.jpg

1370866-Spidey19CGC80.jpg.514b03d7a76ccd68f33a99fb70ccbfb4.jpg

Edited by mr_highgrade

A common theme in this thread is ASM #4, so here's my copy. My favorite Ditko ASM cover:

ASM4.jpg

Nice books!!!

thank you mutantkey, my preferred issue of ASM is 23 , great cover and thumbsup2.gif story

thumbsup2.gif

how old is he ?? 27_laughing.gif

Actually hes only 36.Hes the one that got me into collecting..