• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

af 15, asm 1, 2, 4 & 11. 

Wow, yeah.  My list is identical except I do have #4.  My AF 15 (5.0) and ASM #1 (7.5) are not likely to get upgraded any time soon, and even if I did I would probably be looking at 6.0 and 8.0 respectively, no higher.

#2 and #11 seem to clearly be the toughest in the run.  I have no idea how long it will take me to find either one in 9.0, so I may settle for 8.0.

55 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

remarkably similar to the same list of ff's:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 12.

My FF run is almost complete -- I just need to upgrade my #18 (9.0) and find a #32 to finish #12-129 in 9.4.  (I am also putting together #130-154 in 9.6, because sometimes I get bored.)

I'm sticking with my 7.0 of #1, though I guess I could imagine trying to push to 8.0 someday.  I'm at 9.0 from #2 through #11, with the exception of #3, 4, and 11 in 8.0.  #11 is pretty tricky, I don't recall seeing a 9.4 but I did let a 9.0 get away from me last year.  Not sure if/when I'm going to try to upgrade my #3 or #4.

Across all the titles, my want list is still long enough that I'm usually able to make some progress on one front or another each month.  It's like listening to popcorn in a microwave -- as long as the time between pops isn't too long, I sit there patiently and keep cooking.  If the pops get too far apart I might get bored again and need to expand my want list.  :devil:

i guess i should clarify on the spidey and ff's--my annuals [save for spidey 5] are all raw, and when i gave the info about what is/isn't 9.0 or above, they are excluded from the lists.

3 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

on my other 2 s.a. pursuits, s.t. torch run and the sarge, i DO have the annuals slabbed.  can't really say why i have the dichotomy.

The ST Torch run is an even bigger pain than ASM and FF!  I still need a few of those in 9.0 (105, 107, 112, and 113).  There's a very overpriced 105 on eBay that I'm sick of seeing in my search results, and I haven't found a 107 that I really like, while 112 and 113 almost never come around.

Sgt. Fury #1 is on my want list, though not a high priority and I can't figure out what grade I should get.  I would probably be OK with 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0.  I just upgraded my #13 to 9.4 -- that is the only "must have" in the run for me.  I also picked up a handful of covers that I really like -- #27 (had to get the eyepatch cover!) as well as #16, #50, and #64.  This is an example of a title that boredom could push me to get more into.

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

possibly the last upgrade, as the remaining sub-9 books might just be beyond me [and gettin' more beyond every day...].

thanks, boardie!

asm6-2.png

One of my favorite covers!  Colors look spectacular!  Congrats on the pick-up and upgrade :golfclap:

Man always Hate seeing folks who only need a handful of issues to finish what ever runs you are looking for. For me I hope some day to fill my asm 1 to 700/present run. As my 1 to 700 I just need 295 to go. And ya really only issues will be major keys and the early issues. As I can afford decent grade shape ones of rest.

Edited by Webhead2018

2 hours ago, G G ® said:

This arrived just now. There are a number of things I love about this book. 

I've always loved this cover.

It's signed by the Spidey dream team.

The sig placement is clear and awesome.

It was signed yonks ago when Lee was 84 and Romita was 75 I think.

The book has been re-slabbed and re-labelled but not re-graded so it still retains it's original verification date. :luhv:

a.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

That is sweeet!

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:11 PM, Straw-Man said:

possibly the last upgrade, as the remaining sub-9 books might just be beyond me [and gettin' more beyond every day...].

thanks, boardie!

asm6-2.png

I really wish this has fallen into my lap - congrats - she's a real beauty!