• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,685 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I always look at it as FF1v2 … Kirby and Lee moved from the Marvel  version of Challengers of the Unknown into what would be the FF we know and love.

Now that’s a level of understanding and thoughtfulness that had not occurred to me. So you see some evolution in 2 that was a course change? I’ll go back and read both issues now with this in mind.

Thanks for this

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Figured I would go to the active collector community directly instead. I first posted this request in comic general in the "all I do is win" ebay thread.

20200612_165950.thumb.jpg.6bdc1840e2a477e7a0eec0b5e3359be8.jpg

here goes....

I won a 4 book lot of Fantastic Four books though my primary interest was the FF #47. The others were fairly mediocre at best and this wasn't more than a lower/mid-grade copy- maybe a 2.5 or 3.0

It arrived today and I checked it out counting the pages and noticed the front was 7 pages and the back was 8 pages. So it is 34 pages total and should be 36. Further examination showed it was missing the page between pages 4 and 5-- but I can't figure out what is supposed to be there.

Can someone with a complete copy show me what is on the missing portion? I assume it is a pinup or some such thing.

Not sure this is worth bothering sending back - but the seller is new and failed to say anything about it being incomplete. I think I paid $10.51 delivered for the package (media mail and taped like it was a hostage).

Anyway-- if someone with the issue can share the missing part of the book-- it might help me decide if this is that big of a deal.

Edited by 01TheDude
adding picture of the missing page

s-l1600.jpg

Trying to figure out what this comic is as the ebay person failed to describe anything-- not eve the issue number. I figure this is probably some modern issue that would be a snap for a hard core FF fan to identify. I am sort of interested in it but not even sure what the heck it is supposed to be. I should probably just thank @KirbyJack in advance!

19 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

s-l1600.jpg

Trying to figure out what this comic is as the ebay person failed to describe anything-- not eve the issue number. I figure this is probably some modern issue that would be a snap for a hard core FF fan to identify. I am sort of interested in it but not even sure what the heck it is supposed to be. I should probably just thank @KirbyJack in advance!

It's Fantastic Four #371  first print, 2nd print is red . It's not worth much.