• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,686 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, Straw-Man said:

the would-love-to-upgrade-them-but-probably-can't-afford-to group.   the animal house couch of the run, if you will.

ff1.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff3.jpg

ff4.jpg

ff5.jpg

ff12.jpg

Those really are some ugly beaters. You’ll have trouble getting rid of them when you upgrade but, no worries, I’ll be here to take them off your hands. I might not even make you pay me. :devil:

I just did a no no and sent in some post 50 ff books for pressing and grades. They ARE in great shape and I should get some high 9 grades but I think at 120 buck per book I’m going to lose my shirt!  Some pretty dr doom covers to ogle at least. I need a billiard room to showcase this stuff...

10 hours ago, Dougie28 said:

Just picked up the 45. Was thinking of downgrading the 49 and going for 45-50 in all 8.5, 49 and 50 seem to be hard to get in WP.  Thoughts?

20200815_221405.jpg

Since you asked, I would try to reign in my OCD and not allow it to cause me to jettison an investment grade copy of one of the best covers of the Silver Age. If you can't resist, maybe keep the 9.2 AND get an 8.5? That's certainly a nice set of books to have in grade. Jealous here. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Since you asked, I would try to reign in my OCD and not allow it to cause me to jettison an investment grade copy of one of the best covers of the Silver Age. If you can't resist, maybe keep the 9.2 AND get an 8.5? That's certainly a nice set of books to have in grade. Jealous here. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thanks so much Jimbo, yea my OCD is a good way of putting it on the 8.5s.  I know 9.2 is good grade to keep, so will see what happens.  Thanks again and to those that liked the pic, I loved that Stan silver label to go with his silver sig, and placement of the sig so just jumped on it.  I don't have a 17 to post today but good to see others.