• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,689 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Westy Steve said:

Just made a painful payment to get this off layaway and into my hands.  I'm trying to collect early silver age Marvel and this is almost as early as it gets.  I always loved that the FF were wearing street clothes here and the Skrulls are cool.

(seller's photo)

ff2.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the FF2 club.  One of my favorite early Marvel SA covers.  This book is still undervalued, and will pop when Secret Invasion hits Disney+.  Oh, and 2nd appearance of the FF!!

22 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

I've been following your posts, your raw books are amazing...... you're living up to your reputation, picky collector, but I'm surprised you tolerate those staples

I am ok with the staples, the only thing that bothers me a bit in this copy is the incomplete CCA stamp, but it will be tough to find a better (unpressed) copy with full stamp in today's market

54 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

that's a good lookin' good!!

I can't argue with that.  I've seen some ugly higher grade books.  But I'd have bought it regardless.  Ironically, when I first became a "serious" collector decades ago, this was my first "big" (for me) book.